This guy can really ride a Harley

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, but you are still among the living. I wouldn't bet much that he is. He's fearless for sure, has some ability as well, but he is certainly riding over the edge.

Not much brains but brass balls anyway. Actually on a bad day I think most here could maintain those speeds. Obviously using the wrong tool for the job.

Nuff said,

Dave

One of the comments in that link asked if he ever caught up to the bike that zoomed past him just as they were starting. Didn't, pretty sure. But we've seen this vid here before anyway.

That was sweet. Didn't slow down after the rear end slid out at the beginning either. Never crossed the center line.....unlike what I usually see on these types of videos.

He did well, but would benefit from watching the pros do it. This Harley guy slides his butt everywhere, which is OK, but leaves his helmet centered between the handlebars. That keeps his center of gravity close to the bike's centerline, so a lot of that butt-sliding doesn't help as much as he may think.

Watch a professional rider's video (

) that shows how much their upper body moves off line. 'Kiss the Mirror' or 'Chin on your Wrist' are two ways I've heard it explained. The pros also put a deep bend into their inside-of-the-curve elbow and keep their head upright, looking for the exit of each curve.
Here's a still photo of Mama Yamma's main man that shows what I mean. Note that he cannot 'Kiss the Mirror' because he doesn't have any,

===========================================================================================

Mentally, I understand this riding posture; intellectually, or in a classroom manner of understanding. I ride like a Grandma, never like a MotoGP guy, but have been known to keep my butt in place and 'Kiss the Mirror' in serious twisties or when the pavement's wet.

And yes indeed, I give the Harley guy big props for sliding out early but keeping on the throttle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the ape hangers hinder getting into any sort of helpful upper body cornering position.

And the low pegs make sure he can't lean the bike too far.

Agree the crossed up body position isn't helping. Anything.

A lot of brakes in the middle of those turns. I don't think he is trail braking either. I doubt he knows what that means.

I'm pretty sure even the slower guys on FJRs would be bored at that pace.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess on his drivers license only the organ donor box has been checked as I doubt anyone would want his brain as obviously there are a few cells missing. ;)