This Is Why I Love A Forum Like This

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilin' Kyle

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]I just ran into the "Saddlebag Safety Pin Fix" for flying saddle bags that aren't designed to fly. :dribble: That's a "DO IMMEDIATELY" kinda thing.[/SIZE]

This is gonna be great!!! Thanks everyone!

[SIZE=12pt]I just ran into the "Saddlebag Safety Pin Fix" for flying saddle bags that aren't designed to fly. :dribble: That's a "DO IMMEDIATELY" kinda thing.[/SIZE]
Yes it is!!. Probability of your bag going airborne is low, but, if they are pinned, probability goes to "0" :eek:

Welcome to the brotherhood. You are going to like it here!!

I think there's a guy around here somewhere who woulda liked to had done that mod about two weeks ago....

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity did you also happen to come across the loctite the tamper proof screws on the bags thread? Very important that one.

I think there's a guy around here somewhere who woulda liked to had done that mod about two weeks ago....
Yeah, I read his post. It was kinda funny, but arriving at your destination and seeing this empty space where there was once a bag, SUCKS!!! :eek:

Nice Mod Toe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I read his post. It was kinda funny, but arriving at your destination and seeing this empty space where there was once a bag, SUCKS!!! :eek:

Nice Mod Toe!
It did SUCK and the post was meant to be funny, if you can't laugh at stupid shit that happens you're taking life too seriously. And look at the result, I got my bag and a very expensive sweater back and met a really nice forum member. The bag's trash but getting the lock back was fantastic. It'll have Locktite and the bags will be pinned and I will ride happily into the sunset. :biggrinsmiley:

Nice Mod Toe!
It did SUCK and the post was meant to be funny, if you can't laugh at stupid shit that happens you're taking life too seriously. And look at the result, I got my bag and a very expensive sweater back and met a really nice forum member. The bag's trash but getting the lock back was fantastic. It'll have Locktite and the bags will be pinned and I will ride happily into the sunset. :biggrinsmiley:
Great Attitude!! and I can't believe someone got the bag back to you. You are one lucky guys!! :yahoo:

Shit. I gotta say it.

Almost 200k on FJRs. No pins. No bags left behind.

Youse girls need some kind of device to engage the brains.

:fuck:

did mine yesterday with the stainless hitch pins. There's nothing like that warm feeling of having one's @rse covered. Riding security and another level of @sshattery/theft deterrent. Best couple of bucks and 15 minutes mod yet:)

Shit. I gotta say it.
Almost 200k on FJRs. No pins. No bags left behind.

Youse girls need some kind of device to engage the brains.

:fuck:
At my advanced years, it's all about damage control. I try to anticipate my FUs and take corrective action in advance. Ian, Iowa