Throttle Position Sensor - position in Diag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossKean

Reaction score
2011 FJR. The Diag. setting specification for the low end is 15 to 17. Does anyone know what the effect would be if it is slightly higher or slightly lower than this? I'm just wondering if a slight variation is likely to make any noticeable difference.

Mine is at 17 so technically in the acceptable range. If the setting is critical, I may adjust it back to the "ideal" 16 in the middle of the range.

(Still chasing the variable idle and this is pretty much the last thing to check before I get into more extensive work)

Since the TPS is what the fuel injection uses to establish throttle opening, it will contribute to the fuel injection dwell calculation. It would mean the FI will put out more fuel at least until the O2 sensor takes over. Probably worth setting it correctly.

Since the TPS is what the fuel injection uses to establish throttle opening, it will contribute to the fuel injection dwell calculation. It would mean the FI will put out more fuel at least until the O2 sensor takes over. Probably worth setting it correctly.
Thanks

I think I will clean up the airscrews and passages, do the augmented TBS and I might as well center the TPS in the recommended range. Easy enough to do that.

I don’t think it’s going to fix your idle fluctuations because I don’t think those are actually a problem, but it’s worth setting everythin* as right as you can get it for future reference.