Throttle Synchronization

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Rider

Reaction score
I need to do the throttle synchronization on my 2009 FJR. I want to buy the tool and found one on FJRTech.com. It says the Motion Pro "economy carb tuner, for $35, works well and the price looks good. I've looked around and can't find this item. Does anyone have any suggestions on how well it works and where to find one?

There are owners in your area with the tool. Ask up for some assistance. If I was more local to you, I'd be happy to show up and help you with the 5 minute job this is. It's unlikely your TBs are off by much. If you're stressed because it's on the maintenance list, don't be. If you're hoping it will make a major change in vibration, good luck.

Motion pro eliminated the $35 unit with mercury and it's replacement is identical except for some other fluid and costs three times as much. Bastids.

There are owners in your area with the tool. Ask up for some assistance. If I was more local to you, I'd be happy to show up and help you with the 5 minute job this is. It's unlikely your TBs are off by much. If you're stressed because it's on the maintenance list, don't be. If you're hoping it will make a major change in vibration, good luck.

+1. I finally got around to doing mine yesterday at 30,000. Even with that mileage, they weren't off by much.

You could always ride on over to my place and I can hook ya up with the tools and show you how to do it if you like. Anybody that rides an FJR and looks like Mr Happy is cool in my book :p You can even bring whatever other parts you need help installing.

Driving directions San Jose, CA to Sonora, CA 129 mi – about 2 hours 25 mins

Last edited by a moderator: