• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Throttlemeister Parts - Friction Tube

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossKean

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might be able to order one of these?
Throttlemeister is no longer in business and I didn't find anyone who carries parts.
I have the heavy bar ends but no functional throttle lock.

If you don't find one, I have found that an oRing works fine as the friction device. My FZ1 has been setup like that for years.
You would think that someone would make some though since everyone selling a Throttlemiester seems to forget to include the ring.

If you don't find one, I have found that an oRing works fine as the friction device. My FZ1 has been setup like that for years.
You would think that someone would make some though since everyone selling a Throttlemiester seems to forget to include the ring.
I gave that some thought and will give it a try if I don't have any luck. These came on the bike when I bought it (used) a few years ago. I don't use the throttle lock very much but it is nice to be able to give the right hand a rest for a couple of minutes from time-to-time.

It had been slipping to the point where it couldn't be used at all so I decided to look into it. The friction ring was completely broken away from the sleeve and the bronze "actuator" wasn't making sufficient contact to hold the throttle. No idea how that happened since I had never had it apart - perhaps the PO...?

I am surprised that nobody seems to carry parts - there are a lot of these around. I suppose the only wear part other than the friction sleeve are the o-rings which can be sourced elsewhere.

I had the same problem.IF you want rubber ( more friction) a ssimple hose washer will work OR I made a set out of pex pipe that works great some readjustment may be necessary.slip the small one into the big one and bobs your uncle your good to go.Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1776.jpg
    IMG_1776.jpg
    932.2 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts