Throttlemiester and factory heated grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MojaveFJR

Reaction score
Any one out there have the topic combination? Happy with it? Any issues? Also have the vstrom handguards but don't see them as an issue with the throttlemiester.

TIA

Any one out there have the topic combination? Happy with it? Any issues? Also have the vstrom handguards but don't see them as an issue with the throttlemiester.
TIA
I have the combination and other than making sure that the heat element does not conflict with the throttlemeister installation there should not be any problems. I also have the custom throttle cam and I did wrap black tape around it before installation of the heating element.

After going back to read your post title, I have to tell you I have the stick on heat elements not the factory models. Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to add the obligatory photos :)

381193303_Af92e-M.jpg

312931310_KnSdH-M.jpg

Just put the throttlemiesters on, black of course with the beveled inserts for BLING!.

Gonna take a few to get used to using but will save the wrist whilst slabbing.

Don't forget the locktight! Just installed new Throttlemeisters and left the locktight off the right side in case it needed additional adjusting. I pulled in from a sixty mile ride to find nothing on the right side but the insert. Doh!

Throttle meister had a new right side bar end to my home in three days! My little mistake only cost $104.00. Ouch!

Take this as a word of warning if you install ThrottleMeisters on a cold day and torque them properly. They will loosen drastically when the weather warms up.

Don't forget the locktight! Just installed new Throttlemeisters and left the locktight off the right side in case it needed additional adjusting. I pulled in from a sixty mile ride to find nothing on the right side but the insert. Doh!
Throttle meister had a new right side bar end to my home in three days! My little mistake only cost $104.00. Ouch!

Take this as a word of warning if you install ThrottleMeisters on a cold day and torque them properly. They will loosen drastically when the weather warms up.
Thanks for the warning. Just installed the throttlemeister today, haven't even had time to test ride but I will remeber the loctite!