Thunder Beach Fall 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfooshee

O, Woe is me!!
Reaction score
First, I have to say that I'm disappointed in this year's turnout. Not to say it wasn't a large turnout. There were tons of folks out here. But I saw not one single solitary FJR all weekend! First time ever I didn't see at least one other Feej here.

OK, enough crying, bring on the laughing.

As is my usual practice, I completely ignored the venues and just wandered the parking areas with the camera. First venue was a local beach and night club called LaVela.

I don't particularly care for ape-hangers on an "old-school" bike:

DSC_0219.jpg

My Feej trying to fit in. The helmet on the mirror and jacket draped across the windshield made the other bikes laugh at it, though....

DSC_0220.jpg

And people make fun of me for a car tire....

DSC_0222.jpg

A very blue and very chrome Gold Wing. My brother said it was probably done after the cracked frame recall work.....

DSC_0224.jpg

This guy was cool. Sneakers and cargo pants, but a jacket and full-face, on a scooter.

DSC_0225.jpg

Moved to another venue, the Boardwalk Beach Resort.

Sorry, ma'am. That is not a motorcycle. Please exit to the west end of the lot.....

And against traffic is just fine. Tell us again how you came to be on a scooter chair?

DSC_0228.jpg

Triumph Bonneville

DSC_0230.jpg

ZX-14 in sparkly ultra-green. (I saw more ZX-14s than I did any other non-Hardley, I think. Except Gold Wings.)

DSC_0231.jpg

An aging Gold Wing trike: GL1000! Upholstery looks like it came from the Munsters' car.

DSC_0235.jpg

Yew shut yore pie-hole, woman!!!! Ah'ma gonna git me some ape-hangers and frilly shit! It'll make mah bike cooler'n any other shit you ever seen, and everbuddy's gonna luv us then!!!

DSC_0236.jpg

Virago, showing signs that's it's been used for a while

DSC_0238.jpg

Another venue, the Shoppes at Edgewater. This is the R1 corner.

DSC_0240.jpg

BMW triple, K75C

DSC_0241.jpg

I really liked this blue......

DSC_0242.jpg

.....until I saw this red one two bikes down. I really liked this in red!!!! The chrome, not so much, but that red was outstanding!

DSC_0244.jpg

The parking area overall.

DSC_0247.jpg

When I got this pic on the computer, I spent a few minutes trying to figure out that stripe. It eventually sank in that it's a reflection of the stripes they put down on the lot to line up the parking areas for the bikes. Senility rears its ugly head. Anyway, C14:

DSC_0248.jpg

Here a link to a 360, stitched from several pics, of bike parking at the last venue I visited, Frank Brown Park.

Click me! Click me!

Another parking area, which is in the distance in the 360 linked above. That's the same giant inflatable bottle.

Parking%2520pano.JPG

Coupla bimmers. First K1600 for me in person.

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

Sportbike row

DSC_0272.jpg

An LD Buell Ulysses?

DSC_0278.jpg

I'm sure this guy is proud of this bike, but for the life of me I can't imagine why..... Tank emblem said "Vulcan."

DSC_0280.jpg

FZ1, Yamaha's naked liter-bike

DSC_0281.jpg

R1, Yamaha's other naked liter-bike.

Wait, that's not right..... :huh:

DSC_0282.jpg

DSC_0283.jpg

Maybe the condition of the slider gives a clue....

DSC_0284.jpg

I'm thinking it would have truly sucked had the road rash penetrated the tank skin....

DSC_0285.jpg

It was a very quiet bike for those revs....

DSC_0286.jpg

Buy Avon tires here, get them installed free!

DSC_0288.jpg

Another sportbike group!

DSC_0293.jpg

Oooh! Here's your chance to get that chopper you've always wanted.

Oh, sorry. I didn't note the phone number. Oops.

DSC_0294.jpg

Dagnabbit, I spent $25,000 on a bike, $10,000 on custom pipes and chrome, another $10,000 on engine parts and electronics, and you tell me 88 horsepower!??!?!?!? WTF????!?!?!!!!

DSC_0295.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: