Tim Bates Symbology

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rad, what the hell is that on your helmet?jim
His Tiara for winning the Manboob competition at WFO-5... good times... good times...
It appears that your "Woolie" Cape became another kind of trophy. I'm glad you were able to keep your tiara permanently! He loved telling the story of sending me out to Reno's Wallmart at 9:30 p.m. Saturday night. I'd never been shopping so late - what a treat!

Patti

PS Great tribute photos :clapping:

Here's to you, Tim...

IMG_5292.jpg

And one with a bit of a lighter tone...

IMG_5295.jpg

When I did an intercept today of Paul P. headed for Utah....I thought it would be a perfect time to do this picture....so here is BIODSL and me in Oregon, pointed north, saluting Tim.

P8310395b.JPG

My bike's in the shop, so I got Johnny to salute for me.

johnny-cash.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All taken this weekend

Mirror Lake, facing north

Kenra

P8300050.jpg

Me, Cdogman

P8300051.jpg

Us, as a pair

P8300052.jpg

Flaming Gorge... Notice the hat my friend.. for you

P8300065.jpg

P8300066.jpg

P8300067.jpg

Mtn Man Rendevous, Ft Bridger WY...

P8310074.jpg

P8310084.jpg

RIP Bro

Guidelines violated for best effect, and since Andrew (hardcore ATGATT guy) might be looking in.....

TWNSymbology.jpg

That one might not make the Cycleport web site....

My salute to TWN.

I took the picture here so I could get some extra "birds" in.

IMGP3858Large.jpg

May he never be forgotten.

bonneville08010.jpg

Bonneville Salt flats, The fastest place on earth. God speed Tim

TWNSymbology009.jpg

Okay, most of you know that using the "Flying Fickle Finger of Fate" is not something I do, even in jest. I've been thinking long and hard about how to honor Tim and his memory, so today, on the way home, I took the "long way" and came up with this photo.

I wanted to honor Tim the same way the cavalry showed honor to a fallen comrade, with riderless boots facing backwards and I formed my gloves in an appropriate salute.

Tim, you were and still are a good friend and riding companion. I will never forget the times together, riding or just visiting, and especially our trip from Crested Butte, CO to Golden, CO for NAFO. You were right when you said over the radio, "...what a totally un-freaking-believable place to ride a motorcycle!"

I hope whatever bridge you crossed took you to an appropriate safe harbor on the other side. I will strive to be the type of man, example and friend you were to all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.