Tim Bates Symbology

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Traditions have always been an important part of the Human Condition. Traditions represent a "stake in the sand" for humans; they are reference points that we use to keep ourselves "grounded" and have a comfortable, familiar routine to refer to during periods where it is needed.

Never, ever did I think we would have to repeat the following FJRForum tradition again this soon, less than a year from the last time we did this.... :(

We will leave this thread up until TWN's service in Santa Barbara next month. All of you who can not attend this service can still participate via this thread. When the time comes, we will gather up all the photos here and copy them to twowheelnut.com for inclusion there, but since this is a FJRForum-specific tribute, we will keep the thread here alongside Andrew's.

[SIZE=14pt]PARTICIPATING IN TIM BATES SYMBOLOGY:[/SIZE]

TwoWheelNut had always wanted to do an Alaska trip, and had just recently returned from up north. THEREFORE, for this photo, place your bike such that it faces north. Stand on the left side of the bike (as you sit on it). Face the camera, and give the classic TWN "Double Bird Salute" for the photographer.

Then post the photo here. If you have problems doing this, or problems getting the photo hosting somewhere, send me or Iggy a PM.

"Double Bird Salute" properties..... these salutes should not have the "flying" ring/index fingers aside the Bird. When TWN provided his classic salute, it was middle finger extended, all others curls under (as in the photo below). Now, if you are a serious puritan and can't bring yourself to send off TWN with double flying birds.... then hold up your glove, and fold over 4 of the 5 fingers. You know which one to remain upright.

Start taking photos people. I'll start us off......

Tim, I love you, 'Bro.... You Are #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tim2birds.jpg

Next photo, please....

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time we rode, He told me i was #1....so here TWN your #11

DSCF0008-2.jpg

This picture was the first time the bird flew for the Camera

TWN1.jpg

Will Miss you bro

Jdog

I have never seen so many birds as i saw today!!!!!!!!!!

All in your honor Tim my friend. Miss you buddy. :cray: :rip_1: :drinks:

_K201077.jpg

You're were "Number One" more times than you knew...

Resting spot after the Hwy 33 twisties...

p63668267-3.jpg

GD HOT out here in the sun on Hwy 166...

p326787172-3.jpg

This one's for you...

p398876898-3.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

I'll get one with the bike when it's light out.

In a few weeks we'll have a pretty good gathering of FJRforum folks in WV.

I'm thinking a group photo, all with the TWN salute would be kind of nice.

I was thinking... "oh thats dangerous"...(Me thinking that is)... at the Holiday INN and during the memorial ride we should get a TWN salute, group foto...

Status
Not open for further replies.