Tim Bates Symbology

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP TIM... See you on the other side... sorry I'm on the wrong side of the bike...

DSC05598Medium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From TwoWheelNut's brother:

This is photo of my bike (2003 Triumph Speed Four) adorned in tribute to my brother Tim. Per warchild's guidance, it faces north (true north, not magnetic or grid north). Since I'm taking the photo I can't be on the left side. Sorry, I'm fast but not that fast.

The bike features one of my jungle boots facing backwards on the foot peg symbolizing a riderless horse. The left photo is of Tim (in front) and me when he was 6 months old and I was three. The right photo you're familiar with.

Thank you all for your thoughts, tributes and friendship to my brother.

Tim's brother, Chris

BikewithTimsphotos21SEP2008.jpg

My pleasure.

I didn't post this a few weeks back because I hadn't met Tim (and it's a horrible shot). After reading so much about him I'm sure he'd be ok with it. The Feej really is pointing North (though I think I may be on the wrong side of it). I thought I'd include the VFR in the picture - I'm pretty sure I'd read that Tim was a fan.

rideOnTWN.jpg

Rest well.

Thank you all who had helped to make this tribute to Tim complete. We had all learned so much from Tim and each other

over the years and Tim's passing has only strenghtened the bond of this group of extrordinary individuals.

We are all better to have known him and we are thankful to have our memories.

May he watch over all of us in our life's ride's. God bless.

Misc063-1-1.jpg

John Thank you so much for making the sign it was a huge success, I will send you pictures tomorrow and also of it's final resting/hanging place in a couple of weeks.

R

From TwoWheelNut's brother:
This is photo of my bike (2003 Triumph Speed Four) adorned in tribute to my brother Tim. Per warchild's guidance, it faces north (true north, not magnetic or grid north). Since I'm taking the photo I can't be on the left side. Sorry, I'm fast but not that fast.

The bike features one of my jungle boots facing backwards on the foot peg symbolizing a riderless horse. The left photo is of Tim (in front) and me when he was 6 months old and I was three. The right photo you're familiar with.

Thank you all for your thoughts, tributes and friendship to my brother.

Tim's brother, Chris

BikewithTimsphotos21SEP2008.jpg
Chris,

This is my first read of this post. What a wonderful brother of Tim you are!

I am honored to have been a friend of Tim and now of you.

Salute.

Thank you all who had helped to make this tribute to Tim complete. We had all learned so much from Tim and each otherover the years and Tim's passing has only strenghtened the bond of this group of extrordinary individuals.

We are all better to have known him and we are thankful to have our memories.

May he watch over all of us in our life's ride's. God bless.

Misc063-1-1.jpg
The sign in the above picture was made from Tim's avatar, the reverse side says NEXT 140 MILES. From EOM, the journey begins -->

_dsc3639.jpg

I SOOOO wanted to suggest a salute to the Rally Master in the NAFO group shot, but I didn't get back from the day's ride in time to even get in the picture, much less be a part of the largest expression of "Forum Love" he'd ever see! Oh well....

Here is what the signed sign looks like now.....

Front

P1030159.jpg

Back

P1030158.jpg

I will post pictures of it's final resting place at a later date.

R

Never been part of a memorial before-kinda cool, in a sad way. :(

I SOOOO wanted to suggest a salute to the Rally Master in the NAFO group shot, but I didn't get back from the day's ride in time to even get in the picture, much less be a part of the largest expression of "Forum Love" he'd ever see! Oh well....

Don't worry, Toe. I think he's feelin' the love now. He may not like it much, but it is what it is.

And you guys can salute the Rally Master at the next NAFO. I hope to be there wit'tcha.

TWN will be IS an FJR legend for perpetuity. We all have a target to aspire to.

Since I didn't follow the guidelines exactly the first go around, having been inspired by FJRay's contribution, and finding myself on my FJR this morning with the subject only 250 miles out of the way...Here's to you, brother Tim.

TWNSymbology-1.jpg

Since I didn't follow the guidelines exactly the first go around, having been inspired by FJRay's contribution, and finding myself on my FJR this morning with the subject only 250 miles out of the way...Here's to you, brother Tim..

TWNSymbology-1.jpg
Most excellent Bob! That is the best one yet,IMO :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.