Timpkin bearings

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

Reaction score
G'Day

Can anyone tell me the part number for the Tapered Timpkin head stem bearings

Thanks Jacko

clicky

93399-99932-00 BEARING

(edit: tried to paste the actual page, but it didn't take.

Enter your year, model and look under the STEERING page)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi jacko

this may be more what you are looking for - this is from fjrowners.com forum:

tapered roller bearing upgrade

cut and paste >>>>>>>> www.fjrowners.ws/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4524

Here is the actual post:

waldy

Farkle Trainee

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:02 am Post subject: Headrace Bearing upgrade

Being a bearing man I'm always looking for samples to identify and thanks to Marshman who sent me a headrace sample I can now advise all that the sizes are 30 x 55 x 17, and ties up with a popular motorbike taper roller we sell being a 32006X. in top quality makes ( SKF / FAG / QUALITY JAP ) your looking at about ú10 / 12 each with decent discount. will take MUCH more load / punishment than any ball assembly you care to fit.

a very worthy upgrade come headrace time, well done marshman !!!

[unquote]

edited on 11mar2008 to put link in again - it did work when I put it in the first time - gremlins must have fiddled with it.

Jacko,

Yes, 93399-99932-00 BEARING is the standard Yamaha p/n for the 2006 FJR.

I'm sure that with the bearing in hand, a suitable replacement could be cross referenced at any bearing supply house, much cheaper and quicker than thru Yamaha!

FYI - Timken is a brand name, not a style or type of bearing.

The Timken company was recently bought by another bearing company, whose name I can't recall.

EDIT:

Just found this post from your mate, Queensland Ken clicky. I think this is what you're looking for!

ID 30mm

OD 55mm

Cone width 13mm

Timkin bearings make them serial # 32006X

Jacko,

Yes, 93399-99932-00 BEARING is the standard Yamaha p/n for the 2006 FJR.

I'm sure that with the bearing in hand, a suitable replacement could be cross referenced at any bearing supply house, much cheaper and quicker than thru Yamaha!

FYI - Timken is a brand name, not a style or type of bearing.

The Timken company was recently bought by another bearing company, whose name I can't recall.

Yep Jack I know all that , I have a mate that owns a bearing service

When I booked my bike in for its 50K service , I told the dearler that seeing the head stem was coming apart ,I would like to change the bearings

The std bearings are still ok , but what the hell , I will get em replaced just for fun with tapered bearings

The Yamaha dearler asked me if I could maybe find out the number for the Timpken Bearing

Jacko

32006X is the bearing number. The All Balls are Korean, but I guess it's OK in this application.

You also need new seals for top and bottom.

I went with the Timken ILO All Balls bearings. As ken said, 32006X is the part number. I'm in the process of installing them as we speak (or type..........).

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

Upgrading the brakes with the killer Galfer GB, so what the hell........might as well swap the bearings. As an aside, my bike was well lubed from the factory, which is a nice surprise.

Nice pics for bearing redo. the only thing I do different for installing the lower bearing on the tree is I do not hammer it on I either use a press or I just heat the bearing up with a torch and drop it in and make sure it seats all the way down. I use either a brass punch or a steel tappered punch with a good hammer about 3-4 pounds to make sure it seats

Mine will be going on hopefully inJune or sooner. I prefer the better quality bearings from America or germany. All bearing dimentions are in measured meterics ( mm ) than convereted to thousands of an inch for the american measurements

weekend rider