tire balance beads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alot of the 4x4 groups use these and have been discussing them in forums for a year or more. They appear to work very well. However, the tire has to spin up enough to create distribution force. So that means you get a wobble at low speeds that goes away the longer you roll or the faster you spin. Might be worth a try, but they are a bugger to install and impossible to remove unless you break the bead and pull the tire off.

I've considered this for my bimmer sedan, as the wheels are notoriously sensitive to balance. Bike is another story. I can't stand riding on cupped stones, so how can I put up with low speed wobble?

There is also a dry balancing powder available.

I used it on my ! ton dually mud would pack in between the rear duals throwing the balance off so badly it would shake the whole truck. I would have to take something and dig the mud out before driving down the hiway.

A local tire shop, Cal Tire, suggested using this dry powder inside the tires, reduced the tire balance problem significantly and I got around 70,000 miles on that set of tires.

Can't remember what Brand name it was sold under.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have any experience with the balancing beads. The powder we use in truck tires with excellent results, don't think I would use the power in motorcycle tires. If moisture gets to the powder it will start to clump, and won't keep the tire balanced. Be careful airing up tires with powder inside.

Last edited by a moderator: