Tire Change in Montrose

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
It might have covered (Didn't show up in a search) but Is anyone else planning on a tire change during NAFO?

And with that in mind, has anyone had any experience with, or have knowledge of Dealership Information | Davis Service Center | Montrose Colorado?

I am thinking I have about 4k left on my rear tire, I do not want to change it out prior and remount the old tire this winter (My usual practice) because I am

considering my last 10/10ths in August and could ride it on the Montrose replacement tire. I can give them a call (Closed today), but I need to swap tires

ASAP as I plan on leaving out Saturday, with a Denver arrival Monday after a brief stay at a friends house in Monroe.

Any info would be appreciated, Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
That has been discussed somewhere here but I cannot find by a search either! But, yes, if my memory serves me correctly (rarely does) I think that was the shop discussed for tire changes at NAFO.

They have a 4.5 out of 5 star rating on google. Looks like a big dealership, may just have to pop in and have a look around. Heck, they even see the fine KTM brand so you know they are good!

PM me if you want me to bring a few tools in my trailer Tony, we can pop the rear off in the hotel parking lot and run it by the dealer. Perhaps you can call them to be sure they have the tire you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have a 4.5 out of 5 star rating on google. Looks like a big dealership, may just have to pop in and have a look around. Heck, they even see the fine KTM brand so you know they are good!
PM me if you want me to bring a few tools in my trailer Tony, we can pop the rear off in the hotel parking lot and run it by the dealer. Perhaps you can call them to be sure they have the tire you want.
I have a new PR2 in the garage, but I cannot carry it as I will be riding 2-up, and to stop and drop in Montrose would be a last resort.

I'll see how things go today before I PM you once I am sure of my plans.

Thanks my friend, looking forward to seeing you again!

I was just there a week ago getting a few things while ATVing and dirt biking around Ouray. They seemed friendly and helpful...but not the cheapest.

Why not UPS the tire to yourself at the hotel
Because I work for the USPS
winksmiley02.gif

But purchasing a new tire from JW and having it delivered out there FREE could be a nice option !

Don't want to rain on your parade, but JW uses Fedx where I live.
My area too !

My brother-in-law works for FedX and for kicks, I wear a FedX shirt to work in the Post Office every once in awhile.

The 2 companies actually have had contracts with each other. JW can use whoever they want, as long as their prices

and service stay good.
punk.gif

I live just a few miles from Montrose and Davis Service center has always been able to accommodate me on tire changes. Just bring your own as they don't stock tires. Service is good---a little expensive but I think it's worth it to have it done right. Better yet give them a heads up and make an appointment (970-249-8161). There is a back up dealer in Delta but they want you to leave the bike for the day--good work also though. Montrose will change the tire or tires while you wait.