Tire Repair ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trijeff

Reaction score
Anyone have any preference when it come to Tire Patch Repair? Found this Site Best Rest Products that have the Stop and Go tire plugger kit.

I would however consider a Compressor from SLIME

I assume the FJR 1300 stock tires are Tubeless?

Jeff :blink:

Hey,

Since you mentioned it, I ended up with a flat after I rode to work on Friday. Happened to walk by my bike and noticed a flat rear, shit. It was a Dunlop Qualifier with about 5000 miles on it. I knew it was getting close, the bars were showing, but it should last another couple of hundred, right? Wrong! A 1/4" long sharp rock was stuck right in the middle of the tread. I had my sticky string and stripped down compressor with me, which I put to use for the first time. It worked great, the only problem I had was the air hose would not stay on the compressor, so I fixed that with ty-rap. Got the sticky string kit from NAPA, it says for steel belted radials on the package.

Anyway I made it back home, about 30 miles, and two days later the tire is still aired up.

Now I'm waiting to give the new Avon Storms a try. By the way I called Sunnyside and they should have them in at the end of the month.

Bill