Tires at CFR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketdoc

Reaction score
Hi All, but Dave in particular. I have cooked a few tires in the Kootenays over that past few years and found the Yamaha Dealershhip in Vernon to be very good. Should/could you/we contact them, let them know we are hosting this event and get some prices for rubber. Traditionally at the WFO's there has been a local dealer who made a busy day for one or two of their shop boys, flipping rubber.

Not sure what the biggest brands going right now are, but probably the Michelins and maybe the Avon Storms. We could post the contact info on the forum and the website for people to order ahead with the dealer.

The countdown has begun.....yee ha.

Hi All, but Dave in particular. I have cooked a few tires in the Kootenays over that past few years and found the Yamaha Dealershhip in Vernon to be very good. Should/could you/we contact them, let them know we are hosting this event and get some prices for rubber. Traditionally at the WFO's there has been a local dealer who made a busy day for one or two of their shop boys, flipping rubber. Not sure what the biggest brands going right now are, but probably the Michelins and maybe the Avon Storms. We could post the contact info on the forum and the website for people to order ahead with the dealer.

The countdown has begun.....yee ha.

I've been thinking along the same lines John. There's another Yamaha dealer just a few km's out of Nelson - Playmor Power in Crescent Valley (S. Slocan) who did the ignition switch fix for me. Either way it's a good idea what with the exchange rate being favorable for the U.S $.

Kasey

Nelson would be a lot closer to Nakusp, is the dealership big enough to handle maybe thinking ten to twenty sets over the days of the rally? If so, maybe a call should be made. We could contact each dealership and see if they would accomodate us, and then just post the contact numbers for the participants.

Nelson would be a lot closer to Nakusp, is the dealership big enough to handle maybe thinking ten to twenty sets over the days of the rally? If so, maybe a call should be made. We could contact each dealership and see if they would accomodate us, and then just post the contact numbers for the participants.
If you wouldn't mind to call : Jim Bradbury at Playmor Power (250) 359-7111. Good idea to call the Vernon shop as well and to post the contact #'s .

Kasey

Will do Kasey. I'll post the phone numbers and attendants can arrange whatever they like, directly.

Sorry being so late getting in on this as I'm on the road for another week.

I'm just waiting to hear from MikeH before I visit the Vernon Yamaha dealer and I won't be back before next weekend anyway, but I'd be glad to go see him then.

We should ask about costs for the service only as some have discussed sending up tires in advance and I have made 2 sets available at a cost that may be preferable to the dealers price.

I have spoken to Playmore Powersport outside of Nelson and am awaiting emails from Vernon Power Sport for service availability and costs.

Will post once they get back to me.

Oh, the riding weather is getting so good now.