tires - BEST PRICING - WHERE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King

Reaction score
Hello Gents,

I am NOT starting this thread to have another discussion of who likes which tires best, why, and how many miles they get out of them. There is plenty of that info throughout this furum.

RATHER, I'd like to see us share info on where the best pricing is. We go through tires -what?- ever 5,000 miles on average?... This, after buying the bike, tires could prove to be the most expensive part of riding, next to the gas prices that is.

I looked all over this forum and find loads of threads about "which tire is best"... but nothing on pricing and where to find them. Except for the FREE Pirelli Strada deal, which I read too late... I would have tried those tires with that deal!

Once a forum member (like myself) decides which set he wants to try he's left searching the web for the best pricing. I know we've all done it, so lets play nice and share...

I thought we could make a useful tool out of this, and hey, it doesn't have to stop with tires!

I decided which tires I want to try and shopped all over to find my best price, so I'll start:

MICHELIN PILOT POWER (SET) including free shipping to the lower 48: $234.99 at:

www.competitionaccessories.com

RUN WITH IT BOYS.

Try this one:

ArizonaMotoTire

Arizona Moto Tire is also Southwest Moto Tire.

or this one:

American Moto Tire

There are several vendors that are close in price, including our patron FJRGoodies. Shipping costs on multiple tires may make a difference. Of course if you are paying regular shipping rates based on zones, that could be a difference too, versus flat rate (or free) shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Gary at University Motors. You might be surprised at the price he can get you.

I have also got good prices from the above two that FJRocket recommends.

Dana

That is a good price. are you sure that price is shipped? over on their site in the fine print it says that large items such as tires are an extra 10-15.00 for shipping

it also says there is a 3.99 fee added to all orders for handling

Hello Gents,
I am NOT starting this thread to have another discussion of who likes which tires best, why, and how many miles they get out of them. There is plenty of that info throughout this furum.

RATHER, I'd like to see us share info on where the best pricing is. We go through tires -what?- ever 5,000 miles on average?... This, after buying the bike, tires could prove to be the most expensive part of riding, next to the gas prices that is.

I looked all over this forum and find loads of threads about "which tire is best"... but nothing on pricing and where to find them. Except for the FREE Pirelli Strada deal, which I read too late... I would have tried those tires with that deal!

Once a forum member (like myself) decides which set he wants to try he's left searching the web for the best pricing. I know we've all done it, so lets play nice and share...

I thought we could make a useful tool out of this, and hey, it doesn't have to stop with tires!

I decided which tires I want to try and shopped all over to find my best price, so I'll start:

MICHELIN PILOT POWER (SET) including free shipping to the lower 48: $234.99 at:

www.competitionaccessories.com

RUN WITH IT BOYS.

My guess is that Gary McCoy or SWMoto tires are the cheapest, but you could also try...

FJRgoodies

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know for sure?

do they charge an extra 14.00 or 19.00 above the listed price or not? you know I hate the idea that in big bold pirint they claim

anything over a given dollor amount

FREE SHIPPING

then you go look at the policy page and here is a 3 buck this and a 10 or 15 buck that

we all have something that get's us going and this is one of mine. you have to set here and read fine print untill you go to sleep just to make sure you are getting what you think you are and at the price you think.

I used to live in Ohio and I would ride to their store several times a year. Can't say anything bad about them.

Good eye on the shipping surcharge on tires FJR1300, I didn't catch that on the site. Thanks.

Do you know for sure?do they charge an extra 14.00 or 19.00 above the listed price or not? you know I hate the idea that in big bold pirint they claim

anything over a given dollor amount

FREE SHIPPING

then you go look at the policy page and here is a 3 buck this and a 10 or 15 buck that

we all have something that get's us going and this is one of mine. you have to set here and read fine print untill you go to sleep just to make sure you are getting what you think you are and at the price you think.

I used to live in Ohio and I would ride to their store several times a year. Can't say anything bad about them.

Good eye on the shipping surcharge on tires FJR1300, I didn't catch that on the site. Thanks.

Thats why SWmototires if the cheapest around. Two tires, shipping is free to anywhere in the continental US. And quick too, reports as quick as next day if you live close. Two days in the western region.

That sounds good ...it's only about a 375 mile round trip.... but is there somewhere close to them that will install the tires?

I'm used to the installation price being included in the price of the tire.... so I need to find out about prices...

I have three bikes to keep in shoes.... it's as bad as three teenage boys!..Even if my bikes are girls!

Oh well...<BG>

Thanks

Mary

My yama Dealer Matches any on-line-price I give. He gets all my Bizz so it works out for both of us. the only time I order from Motorcycle Super Store is when He can't get it.

If your Local dealer has the insight to tap in to the After Market sales he is a wise man! or Woman :D

Happy Shopping!!

UnCaged

Michelin Pilot Powers.

Just bought a set. After careful shopping around my cheap ass, Um, Uh, the frugal shopper in me found the following:

Front: $91.95

Rear: $120.70

Ship: $19.90

Total: $232.55

Where: www.ridenow.com

Off the top of my head, I think I paid about $225 for a set of Pilot Powers for my Bird (same sizes as on the FJR) 6 months ago from Southwest Moto, with free shipping. Took about two days to arrive. No hassle, great service -- no reason for me to shop around any further --SWM will be supplying all my tires in the foreseeable future.

Off the top of my head, I think I paid about $225 for a set of Pilot Powers for my Bird (same sizes as on the FJR) 6 months ago from Southwest Moto, with free shipping. Took about two days to arrive. No hassle, great service -- no reason for me to shop around any further --SWM will be supplying all my tires in the foreseeable future.

Their pricing must have gone up since then. Current prices put a set of Pilot Powers at $243.90 w/ free ship.

Yes, it appears that tire prices have gone up recently. I guess the cost of energy is catching up to production and transportation of everything else. :angry2:

Unfortunatley yes GEEZER, the fuel prices do affect everything including the thickness of my wallet, which is why we must shop around....

One other note if anyone is interested:

If anyone is interested in a set of Dunlop D208's, they are on sale at www.ridenow.com for $169.99 per set plus about $20 shipping. Not a bad deal, just thought I'd pass it along.

Their pricing must have gone up since then. Current prices put a set of Pilot Powers at $243.90 w/ free ship.
Apparently so. :(

I just checked my invoice from Jan. 6, and the price for the Powers was $98.95 for the front and $131.95 for the rear, for a total of $230.90. The Pilot Roads in the same order were $99.95 and $127.95, respectively.