To Turbodave98 from a fellow FJR rider

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyway

Reaction score
I have been reading in a few places now of different comments regarding Turbo's up and coming surgery. So I decided to start a thread just for him, so there is an 'official' spot for well wishers to add their own comments.

If anyone did not know, Dave has a major surgery coming up right after Christmas. I'll spare you the details of what is involved and would like to focus on everyone sending him a positive vibe. I was visiting with Dave on Tuesday and Wednesday this week as my bike has been at his local dealership getting repaired.

If you do not know Turbodave, and trust me you would not forget him easily or his FJR 'Blue Jay' for that matter. He is one heck of a great guy with a great personality. To give you an idea of his generosity, he loaned me his ST1100 to ride while my FJR was in for repair at his local dealership. We live almost 400 miles apart, so this allowed me to ride to/from his home to drop off and collect the FJR without requiring the help of a third party driver. He has been a huge help and influence in getting my FJR into Cucamonga Yamaha, for which I am very grateful. :good:

We met earlier this year as part of the CA contingent of riders heading to WFO4 and have remained in contact ever since.

The surgery will require quite a lot of recovery time, so It would be cool to keep this thread on-going to keep Dave's mind occupied as riding motorcycles is a big part of his life.

So from Kristi and I, we wish you a 'faster than a FJR' speedy recovery and we look forward to riding again with you early in '06. Hopefully in time for the Cabo San Lucas run. ;)

Here is a shot of Dave and Blue Jay that I grabbed from the old forum, as I don't have a picci of the 2 of them together. I have noticed that no 2 photo's of the bike ever look the same, as farkles are definitely a work in progress for this set of wheels.

DaveOnfJR.jpg

Well then lemme be the first. Be sure to circle and/or describe the needed surgical area. Ya just never know for sure if it's the guys first day or what... :D Good luck SuperDave!

superdave.jpg

Seems I've been chatting with TurboDave a long time before I actually got to meet him, and this past August at WFO-4, got to check out his FJR that is absolutely packed with LD farkles of every type. Dave is a helleva Long-Distance Rider (as you can see from the photo, with that FastBag on top of a Tanji Fuel Cell, his GPS farkles, audio headset, water bottle, etc), this guy is all about getting on the road and pounding out the miles.

He's a crusty old bastard as well.... here's to you, TurboDave! We'll be seeing you in Reno next July, I'm sure.

Good luck with the surgery and get well quick.

A recovery faster than an FJR sounds like

a good plan.

Prayers and good thoughts coming from

Colorado.

First time I met Dave he came riding up smokin', chewin' & spitin on those fat cigars he smokes. A great character, genuine good guy. I guess his latest ride was to the Clan gathering at Avilla... but you never know with him!! Get well soon brother!!

Turbo Dave - Karen and I got to spend a little time with you at Madmike's before you were off to WFO. It was a blessing. We will pray for a speedy recovery.

Skyway - Are you going to take the lead on warning the nurses Turbo Dave will be in for a visit? :lol:

Dave,

It was very nice to meet and ride with you. My wife and I met you at La Verne before the Avilla Beach lunch and spent a small amount of time. I appreciated the conversation we had, and watching over us when we were low on fuel near Solvang. You followed us until we got to the exit and wish wished you on your way. I hope you recover quickly and wish you a healthy christmas and new years. Our prayers for you and we look forward to see you ride again.

Larry & Jeana

TurboDave,

I first met you when I hooked up with MM2's CA WFO contingent in Hood River on my way out from Michigan this year.

Appreciated the way you looked after all of us by insisting on riding the drag position and your sense of humor and presence when we stopped for the sights or occasional flat repair on that razor blade they call a road on the way up to Mt. St. Helens.

Hope all goes well for you on your surgery, looking forward to riding with you again at one of the upcoming WFOs !

TurboDave, we never met but I'll be looking for you at WFO-5. So, good luck and a speedy recovery. You will be in our prayers. ;)

Hey TurboDave,

We've never met - but i'm plannin' on meeting up with you at WFO-5.

Best of Luck with the Surgery - heal fast, heal strong. The faster you can get back in the saddle, the better !!

You are in my Prayers, TD !!

Skyway - Are you going to take the lead on warning the nurses Turbo Dave will be in for a visit? laugh.gif
Good point Ric, I never thought of that. :lol:

My better half is an RN and trust me with a personality like his, he will be the talk of the department getting all the attention. :D

TurboDave-

Face it, you are crusty old fart who will give the nurses fits when they come to, uhh, 'tend' to your 'every' need. Remember that nurse squeezing (as long as they are female Dave,,, ;) ) IS allowed as long as you can CLAIM to have been under the INFLUENCE at the MOMENT of the squeeze!

Not sure how long you'll be in the hospital, but if more than two days, be sure to take the laptop... makes the time go by quicker, kinda like listening to music on a long ride.

Good luck Dave, and know that good cigar and a long ride await you after the Doctors quit having fun playing with the ol' ticker.

Don C

Good luck, Dave! You'll be in my thoughts as well. Please keep us posted on your recovery progress and if there's anything you need just give a shout! (Oh, except for windows and painting... Homie don't go there!)

-TWN

:good: