To WFO from the Midwest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airboss

Reaction score
WFO has always been held near the end of July and month end reporting at work has always prevented me from attending. To say it's been on my to do list for some time would be an understatement. Well retirement at the end of May resolved all the work conflicts, let the planing begin.

The ride looks simple I 80 West till you see the Ocean turn North on CA 101. Easy, Pleasie, simple.

Then, what about all those sights I had to bypass on other trips out West, like Beartooth Pass, Chief Joseph Highway, Lolo Pass, just have to work them in, I have time, they don't add much, just leave a day or to earlier, yeah that's it.

Then, was it Ignacio or Mt. Rainier that first posted about the Dam Tour? Doesn't really matter I'm going to blame them both.

Being curious, I checked out the Dam Tour website, visit 20 dams in CA, OR, WA, and BC in a grand tour style ride. Well I'm going up to the Seattle area after WFO to visit family anyway. Let's see what this looks like on the map.

Input all the dam locations into map source, lined them up on a route, interesting, looking like some very nice roads to ride as a bonus, I could do some of these on the way to WFO, I can do some on the way to Seattle, and some more on the way home. Except that one thats hanging way up there in BC.

Yep, way better than I 80 West hang a left.

Kinda bugs me about leaving the one dam hanging in BC................................and Hyder, AK is just sitting over there to the West a little, it's possible to check Alaska off the visited states map...............................Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm thinking.