Toecutter hit and run - in rehab

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Some old peeps might remember Robert Firestine, Toecutter. From his Facebook page, he was struck by a hit and run driver while presumably riding his 2003 FJR. If you remember the Toe, head to his FB page and leave good wishes? 

-dCarver

I am so very happy that CRMC has an acute rehab center on-site.

All of Robert’s fractures are on his left side. Except for the minor boxer’s fracture located below his pinky on his right hand. 

Because of this broken bone, Robert’s right leg is technically his only fully functioning limb.🦵🏼

This gets him a stint in the acute rehab center to learn to navigate with his current limited mobility before going home.👨🏻🦽

One of the wonderful benefits of the rehab facility is that they allow family to spend the night in the patient’s room. 💕

Thanks to his kevlar mesh suit, the scabbing on his wrist is the extent of his road rash.
he was in the middle lane of a 3 way roadway and the car in the outside lane cut him off. There weren’t any vehicles in front of him, just behind. 

It was just before 5:00 pm, so lots of traffic. Fortunately, none of the vehicles behind ran him over!! 

And, the hit & run BS happens here frequently. I think it happens a lot of places. 

By chance, the nurse he had the last 3 days passed by the accident scene shortly after it happened. She saw his motorcycle and him. That took her by surprise when she realized that and she got pretty emotional. It isn’t often you put a face and name to that unknown person. 

And thank you for the energy of prayers.

I remember Toecutter well. I don't do f-book but best wishes for a speedy recovery and hope they get the clown that hit him.

I remember Toecutter. I thought he gave up motorcycles in favor of bicycles. I hope he heals properly and quickly. And I hope they catch the driver who hit him. Since there was traffic behind him it is possible that someone saw enough to figure out who it was. 

47223_430715889627_1218404_n.jpg

Like Ray I remember him, also don't do Facebook. Wishing him a speedy and complete recovery.

I remember Bob very well - long time forum member.

My best wishes for his recovery will have to be here also as I don't do FB. I hope the rehab goes well.  Good thoughts on the way.

Hit and run should be a capital crime, no matter the actual damage or result!!! People know they did something, and don't f-ing care!

Very sorry to see this news, and I'll check his page on FB.