Tonight, the Throttlemeister install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The TM installation for the FJR doesn't use washers like the one designed for many other bikes like the ZX-11... no washers used in the install, and a different internal mechanism. Johnny80s has is exactly right, all that needs to happen is to move the entire assembly slightly inward on the throttle assembly.

Rather than disassembling the unit, I'd suggest just taking something firm, but non-marring, like a piece of pine 2X4, and with a hammer slightly tapping the unit inward on the end. It won't take much movement to get the desired friction!! TAP... check operation, TAP... check operation. Repeat as needed until you get it where you want. :bb2:

Piece O Cake!

Don

I had similar experience when I installed mine last year, but it eventually went together. I really like it, and combined with a Crampbuster it is a fantastic addition to the bike. :good:
That's an interesting combo. How do you set the TM with the Crampbuster in place?
Never had a problem with it... heel of the hand on the Crampbuster, turn the TM with the last three fingers of the left hand. Works like a charm. I can dial it in or dial it out on the move with no issues at all. :good:

I know some folks DETEST the TM, but for my AE (factory heated grips) it was the only commercial solution (I've since seen some interesting things done with a twisted coathanger, which work great and cost NOTHING, but don't necessarily look very good).

Griff

I have the setup mentioned above as well. I hold the crampbuster with my thumb and roll the TM on and off.

I am trying to uninstall a throttlemeister on my 04 fjr13. I got rid of the heated grips ( don't need them in Arizona) and now I am stuck. The left hand dummy is screwed into the bar, is that an insert than needs to come out? The throttle side has a long brass tube inside the throttle tube that the throttlemeister slevee fits over and then the bar end screws into that.?? Do I pull that out( the brass piece)?,is it stock?, I want to change bar end mirrors but do I screw them into that brass piece or something else? Thanks in advance

I am trying to uninstall a throttlemeister on my 04 fjr13. I got rid of the heated grips ( don't need them in Arizona) and now I am stuck. The left hand dummy is screwed into the bar, is that an insert than needs to come out? The throttle side has a long brass tube inside the throttle tube that the throttlemeister slevee fits over and then the bar end screws into that.?? Do I pull that out( the brass piece)?,is it stock?, I want to change bar end mirrors but do I screw them into that brass piece or something else? Thanks in advance
The TM comes with a machine screw and a tool that is used to lock down the mechanism on the throttle side. I'm trying to remember, but that tool may have also been necessary to remove the OEM barend weights. I THINK the left is just pressured in, but I could be wrong. I'd have to get home and pull down the TM box with the instructions to be sure. Bummer is, I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be easy to remove.

A few people just leave them as-is as barend weights. Mine are the machined version, so are "pretty." To be clear, the end pieces should just unscrew out of the mount. It's the mount inside the bar, that the weights screw into that is locked in there.

I have the Throttlemeister installation instructions for the FJR in pdf format. Also, here are the jpgs of the two pages that will hopefully be of use to you:

ThrottlemeisterInstructions1.jpg

ThrottlemeisterInstructions2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, but my throttle side has no rubber bushing the the bar end locks onto. It locks onto the throttle tube itself, and the bar end screws into a logs bronze tube inside. I think I will just leave it on. So are the grips for this bike really long, cause the ones on my busa and my C10 are an inch shorter