Tour routes at CFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have revised the written directions so that they are much easier to follow. They should be very usable for those that don't have a GPS. The directions also have hints and tips about what to see, where to get gas, and where to eat. These directions are in .pdf format.
I have also created GPS files in the following formats:

.gdb version 1,

.gdb version 2, and

.gpx

Send me a PM with an email address and I will send you a zipped file containing the directions and the GPS files. The file is only 131 KB.

The zip file will not incude the .jpg's of the maps. They can be dragged directly off of the messages above, over to your desktop. From there you can print them.

If you don't have a GPS and only need the written directions, I can still send you the zipped file. You can then disregard the GPS files and just use the directions.
Just a reminder... if you want the detailed descriptions or GPS files of these routes, let me know.

I will be riding the Mount Rushmore/Needles Highway ride on Saturday since my boy and I are wanting to go on the Mount Rushmore tour.

I'm thinking of the Devils Tower ride for Friday since that is a longer ride and more open ended as to when we have to be back. No banquet and such.

devnator

I will be riding the Mount Rushmore/Needles Highway ride on Saturday since my boy and I are wanting to go on the Mount Rushmore tour. I'm thinking of the Devils Tower ride for Friday since that is a longer ride and more open ended as to when we have to be back. No banquet and such.

devnator
The Devils Tower ride on Friday would be the one I would be most interested in as well. Can I tag along? I don't mind leading, but I don't have a GPS, so we could end up back in Minnesota.

The Devil's Tower route on Friday sounds good, would also be up for that one on that day!

The Devils Tower ride on Friday would be the one I would be most interested in as well. Can I tag along? I don't mind leading, but I don't have a GPS, so we could end up back in Minnesota.
TriggerT

I would like to ride with you. Since Kilroy and I weren't able to make it for our ride with you in Wisconsin, it will be nice to meet and ride with you out in Custer. Looking forward to it. What is your schedule for being out their? Of course other will be welcome to. I'm sure we can handle a few more in the pack as long as we are on the same page as to speed and stops.

Are you going to do a SS1000 on the way out to Custer or on your way back? Or did you decide not to do it all?

devanator/Mike

Mike,

Yes, I was hoping to get to ride with you as well since things didn't work out for SW Wisconsin. I don't have any schedule for Friday or Saturday out in Custer.

I am going to be doing a SS1000 on the way out on Thursday. My plan is to leave Rockford, IL. at about 4:30 or 5:00 am, which means I hope to make it to Custer sometime between 8:00 and 10:00 Thursday night.

I want o hit the road kind of early on Sunday morning for the trip back, since if I feel up to it I would like to make the 880 mile trip back home in one day. My wife is just over 7 months pregnant, so it is hard for me to be away from home for too long. We have a 2 year old, 2 horses, a dog, and a cat for her to try and take care of by herself while I am gone. I can hear her asking how soon I will be home already.

I CAN NOT WAIT for this trip. See you all thursday night, or if I am running late, I plan on being in the parking lot a little before 8 Friday moring.

Since some folks are going to ride the #3 route (Devils Tower, Northern Black Hills) the opposite direction, counterclockwise, I made a new route with this in mind. Here it is and it's called route #3c. I also modified it to now include some more excellent roads: Spearfish Canyon , Nemo Rd., and Sheridan Lake Rd. (SR-44).

Send me a PM and I can send you the turn by turn written directions and the GPS files.

3cDevilsTowerNemoRdCounterclockwise.jpg

Latest posts