Tourmaster intake Jacket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Angus
Reaction score
Does anyone on this boars wear the Tourmaster Intake Jacket if so do you like it. I like the idea of having two liners so i need only take one coat on trips.

I can't speak for the Intake specifically, but I have a Cortech HRX, similarly equipped with waterproof liner and quilted liner, and Cortechs are made by Tour Master. When looking I had decided on the Intake as it was a good bit cheaper than the HRX, but my wife said it looked like a Star Trek uniform, and then the HRX went on closeout for less.

Can't really answer about the warmth, though, because I bought it this summer, and it hasn't gotten below 80 yet.

When it rained, I wore a rain suit, not the liner. I would treat the liner as a for just a bit more warmth, and not for waterproofing. After all, when it stops raining, the outer jacket is still wet.

I don't know about the Intake, but my waterproof liner can be worn separately as a windbreaker, apart from the armor jacket. That's kinda cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ride with a Tourmaster Flex jacket, and it's been great for me. The base jacket is mesh, which works great for me 8 months out of the year here in SoCal. When it gets cooler or wetter, there's an outer shell that zips on, converting it to a full-up textile jacket. It also comes with a water-proof (resistant?) inner liner and a quilted liner for warmth, giving you lots of possible combinations. On my recent trip to Alaska, I rode through 110 degree heat in Nevada and low 40 degree showers in northern British Columbia, and the Flex handled everything with a few zip-on/zip-off adjustments.

The Flex is like the Intake, but with the zip-off outer shell and a higher price point. As wfooshee said, though, in heavy rain you'll want a true rainsuit to keep the outer shell dry

I have the Intake Jacket and for the same reason you are considering purchasing one is the very reason I did purchase one.

It is nice to have two liners that fit one jacket for all the weather you might want to ride in or have to ride in. One water proof liner, one quilted liner, and then the mesh jacket....what a system.

Also, I have the Tour Master Venture pants. Same concept as the jacket.

Best part, Tour Master is a VERY reasonably priced line of clothing.

You couldn't go wrong with the jacket or pants.....heck, buy them both.

Just my two-cents worth.

Hope it helps.

I have the Intake since last spring and have used it for 12,000 miles (every single mile) and find it excellent in warm and hot weather and as low as 53 degrees in Canada this summer. I am on a diet and when I lose enough weight to need a new one (soon) I will buy another Intake.

I give it two thumbs up. I picked one up early in the summer and it immediately became my #1 jacket. I really like the versatility. Very comfortable. Tourmaster makes short and tall sizes so you can get a great fit. The liner worked fine in the rain, though for some weird reason I never hit a real frog drowning kind of storm this summer (guess I didn't tour enough). Haven't hit weather cold enough to use the quilted liner, though I was ok on my one hour commute with the waterproof liner in upper 40's (with big FJR fairing). If anyone gives more bang for the buck, I haven't found it.

Both Nancy and myself have Intake jackets and like them very much. The multi-liner approach works very well. No complaints here.

-Greg-

Have had one for about two yrs now, and love it! Don't care much for the liners (waterproof one dosn't breathe, always feels sticky), I use a sweatshirt instead, when needed.

I got one as well. LOVE the tourmaster/cortech products. Its nice to have the option of the quilted liner. Usually I just leave the rain insert at home, and bring my rain gear.

Agree with praise for the Tourmaster Intake jacket and I also have their Venture Air pants with the same liners as the jacket. A couple of weeks ago taking off for EOM it was hot, leaving for home from WV it was chilly...maybe 40 degrees if that. The removable liners accommodated all of it.

Does anyone on this boars wear the Tourmaster Intake Jacket if so do you like it. I like the idea of having two liners so i need only take one coat on trips.
Yep I ride with an Intake. I also have a Advance sport. for when it gets really cold.

I rode home in the rain yesterday with the Liners in... In the rain. waterproof but to warm. I used both liners because its cool in the morning.

OH and I ride the naked SV to work so You probably wouldnt need that warm liner on the FJR till you get down in the low 50's. Good coat.