• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

TRICK New Battery Lugs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeroux

Reaction score
Folks.

I sent a prototype design to Scott Cathey of Brydenscot/ N-Line and he has made them available to the general public.

These are cheap, simple to use, and provide a LOT of insurance against motor noise invading audio signals. Assuming you run your audio off of one "tongue" and your lights and other electrically noisy stuff on the other two, you have now basically brought the signals back to the battery in a divided fashion, they only share about 1/2" off material together.

Orient them any way you like off the battery, and if you wish, you can bend them down the side of the battery if connector space is a concern.

They are currently at the bottom of the following link.

Enjoy.

GZ

Battery Lugs

what is the material? aluminum?
do you have pics of them installed?
We will have pictures later this week. beeroux and I will be doing some electrical stuff to my 05 and a friend's 06 tomorrow and I'll take a few pictures.

1408100.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
F*ck, I sure could have used those yesterday while hookin up the Blue Sea.

Getting more than 1 other thing under the lugs is a real pain in the ass... ;)

I've added them to my wish list.

-MD

This is actually a very cool idea! But doesn't it leave bare metal at the positive battery post? What would you suggest to guard against an accidental short to battery or chassis ground?

Cheers!

NightShine,

this is a good point you bring up. However, I wouldn't worry about it unless you have a rats nest going on.

The beauty of these lugs is that they allow VERY clean routing of wires away from the battery. Careful and well planned work should not leave you with any potential problems. Hell, all my old trucks and cars have had two bare-ass cable terminations and I never had a problem with those.

Now certainly, if peace of mind escapes you with this solution, absolutely fabricate some sort of thin rubber shielding and attach/ McGyver anyway you can.

Good luck!

GZ

Last edited by a moderator:
NightShine,
this is a good point you bring up. However, I wouldn't worry about it unless you have a rats nest going on.

The beauty of these lugs is that they allow VERY clean routing of wires away from the battery. Careful and well planned work should not leave you with any potential problems. Hell, all my old trucks and cars have had two bare-ass cable terminations and I never had a problem with those.

Now certainly, if peace of mind escapes you with this solution, absolutely fabricate some sort of thin rubber shielding and attach/ McGyver anyway you can.

Good luck!

GZ
A piece of shrink tubing should do the trick