Triumph

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garywayne

Reaction score
Just got back from a demo ride on the new 1200 Triumph Explorer. This was a lunch model with some extra stuff on it. Very nice bike..ABS, traction control, driving lights, hand guards, skid plate , factory cruise control and taller windshield. It's 570 pounds wet and feels very light ( in a good way ). If you get a chance to ride one it's worth the time.

Gary

Just got back from a demo ride on the new 1200 Triumph Explorer. This was a lunch model with some extra stuff on it. Very nice bike..ABS, traction control, driving lights, hand guards, skid plate , factory cruise control and taller windshield. It's 570 pounds wet and feels very light ( in a good way ). If you get a chance to ride one it's worth the time.

Gary
Thanks Gary.

Did it come with a built-in lunch box? :)

Seriously though, how does the new engine feel? Smooth, torquey?

Al

Launch...not lunch...just now noticed what I had typed. Oh well, I did demo it at lunch time.

The motor feels great. It only had 12 miles on it so I didn't push it but it was very smooth and feels like it has plenty of grunt. I went down to about 20 mph in 6 th gear ,rolled on the gas and not even a shutter. It does have the drive by wire throttle and that is a bit strange at first. So easy to roll on the gas you just have to be smooth with it.

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Launch...not lunch...just now noticed what I had typed. Oh well, I did demo it at lunch time.

The motor feels great. It only had 12 miles on it so I didn't push it but it was very smooth and feels like it has plenty of grunt. I went down to about 20 mph in 6 th gear ,rolled on the gas and not even a shutter. It does have the drive by wire throttle and that is a bit strange at first. So easy to roll on the gas you just have to be smooth with it.

Gary
I haven't seen one since the Mineapolis motorcycle show and the Fargo Triumph store hasn't recieved one yet but they sure looked nice. I am flipping a house and had planned on splurging on a Tenere if I come out ahead on the deal but an Explorer would be awfully tempting also.