TUFF SHED Ranch Garage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent

Who said FJR's don't do dirt?
Reaction score
My house doesn't have a garage. It does however, have a pad for one. I've been considering building a 2 car garage for years but have never gotten anywhere with it. Then I find a 20' x 24' prefab, installed and painted for around 10 grand. I dont' really see a down side, other than spending a pissload of cash.

Anyone have experience with them? Hows the build quality and longevity on em?

Edit: I guess a link would be helpfull CLICKIE B)

Last edited by a moderator:
My house doesn't have a garage. It does however, have a pad for one. I've been considering building a 2 car garage for years but have never gotten anywhere with it. Then I find a 20' x 24' prefab, installed and painted for around 10 grand. I dont' really see a down side, other than spending a pissload of cash.

and you might even win a garage makeover...wooohooo!!!

A member of my family has had a Tuff Shed for at least 10 years and has never had a problem with it. Well built, sturdy, and has been thru a few storms.

Oh man. Nice link Dave. No prices, but I'd love to park something like this in the woods behind my house: linky

Perfect space for storing and working on the various bikes... And do check out the man cave in the 2nd story!

No pricing due to the amount of choices on how to finish them off. You can order interior completely finished inside and totally insulated and lighting. You can buy them exterior finished only and do the work yourself. Eventually I plan on moving the shop out of my garage and into its own building. Things are getting crowded and Momma won't give up her half.

No pricing due to the amount of choices on how to finish them off. You can order interior completely finished inside and totally insulated and lighting. You can buy them exterior finished only and do the work yourself. Eventually I plan on moving the shop out of my garage and into its own building. Things are getting crowded and Momma won't give up her half.
She has a half of YOUR shop/garage?

Pussy. :p

I like this one.

med_2806.jpg

Yeh I know! Now I have to go put her car away. Ime whipped, what can i say. :wub:

Yeh I know! Now I have to go put her car away. Ime whipped, what can i say. :wub:
Thanks for reminding me to pull the bike back inside :p

I've already saved 2 grand. I measured my pad, and it's only 16 x 20 :huh: so $8500 instead of $10500. Looks like I can afford a beer fridge in the garage now :drinks:

So no real world experiences with Tuff Shed past Badcats response?

You may (probably) need a building permit. If so then check with the local building inspector to make sure it is allowed in your community. Also, don't forget the electric service you'll have to install. Stuff adds up quickly. Still, looks like a nice building.

Tuff Shed built my garage at the old house. They are able to make it pretty much any size you need; mine was 24' w x 20' deep due to the lot size, where I wanted it, and all of the setback requirements. The only things they didn't do was the stucco to match the existing on the house, and the electrical. If I needed another shed or garage here, I would not hesitate to call them.

You may (probably) need a building permit. If so then check with the local building inspector to make sure it is allowed in your community. Also, don't forget the electric service you'll have to install. Stuff adds up quickly. Still, looks like a nice building.
Yep, already checked into building permits (required for anything over 200 square foot) and setbacks in my local area. There is also a percentage limit on the percentage of property covered. I'm good on all aspects so far. As far as electrical, I can do that myself with no problems.

Got hammered with a bit of bad news. The Repblic says my 3" slab isn't enough, so I'm going to have to tear it out and install a 4" reinforced slab. Anyone have an idea of what that might cost in the 16x20 range?

Ray......... are you moving into it......... :lol: ... gonna put it where the storage van is located??

I can see you now....... you ... your five or six dogs.... bike parts every where and a fridge full of beer.. :D :D

B....

Ray......... are you moving into it......... :lol: ... gonna put it where the storage van is located??

I can see you now....... you ... your five or six dogs.... bike parts every where and a fridge full of beer.. :D :D

B....
2 dogs, 2-3 bikes, piles of parts and a fridge full og beer :drinks:

Actually, my yard is laid out for a garage. I have no idea why they didn't build one when they poured the pad, but I'm not planning on moving out of here any time soon.

Ray,Based on the work we had done recently -- $3000 -- that would be give or take 1 grand -- depends who gives the estimate and how hungry they are for work.
Thanks. I was thinking on the 3-5 range. Nice to hear I'm high. Was that demo/frame/prep/pour, or just frame/prep/pour?

Latest posts