turn signal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorcop2396

Reaction score
Ok Problem free for 36000, until I took her out for a ride this morning and when I use my turn signal the flashers come on. I can't get the turn signals to come on

She's an 06

Thanks

Had you worked on or done anything to your FJR just before this started? If no, then it sounds like it's time for you to research ground spiders and PM either Brody or Road Runner to prevent the situation from getting worse. Your Signaling System symptom is in keeping with a melting ground connector.

The flasher button isn't pushed is it? Try clicking the flasher button on/off and see if it clears the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, mice munching on wires when it's sitting can cause cross circuit shorts.

I fixed my buddy's Honda Reflex from wacky turn signals with some electrical tape on the munched wires in the wiring harness.

Check the fuses under the right hand panel for both turn signals and 4-ways. Also see that the 4-way switch isn't 1/2 way between positions, as it disables turn signals.

My thought is "corrosion".
Spot on!! It did appear to be corrosion as best I could tell. After working the flasher switch several times the problem simply went away.

Thanks for the advice.

Curious is there a home remedy for fighting corrosion?

Happy Trails

My thought is "corrosion".
Spot on!! It did appear to be corrosion as best I could tell. After working the flasher switch several times the problem simply went away.

Thanks for the advice.

Curious is there a home remedy for fighting corrosion?

Happy Trails
You can try contact cleaner spray (also referred to as "Electrican in a Can"). Just spray inside the switch and work the switch back and forth to help clean the contacts. Make sure to protect the rest of the bike from overspray.

Contact cleaner should be available at your local Radio Shack or whatever they are calling themselves these days.