Tuscany by Scooter in 2014 with Edelweiss, Couples Tour.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Tuscany by Scooter in 2014 with Edelweiss, Couples Tour.

https://www.edelweissbike.com/en/allTours/false/cont/eur/tuscany-by-scooter.html At last night's AZ Beemers Monthly Club Meeting a number of the Alps and Dolomites Tour 2012 Members mentioned receiving information from Edelweiss Bike Travel regarding their Scooter Tours of Europe. By the end of the night Bruce and Vicki Cain plus Donna and Don Stanley decided we are going to do this in Year 2014.

The dates have not been decided by the Arizona Crew yet, but here are the two weeks EBT has available for 2014: May 24 through May 30 and September 21 through September 27. The game plan is to arrive a day early in Florence to explore the City before the rest of the Scooter Tour Participants arrive. At the end of our Scooter Tour we will take the train to Rome and then spend 3 more nights.

Pricing: 2013 Rates show $2,320 per person with a Couple riding a 300cc Scooter and sharing a room for the six nights of the tour. The Guided City Tour costs $340 a head, here are the Benefits:

• Additional hotel night before tour start, including dinner
  • A tour guide to show you around the chosen locations
  • All-day ticket for public transportation
  • Entrance fees to all museums and attractions included in the itinerary

EBT limits Scooter Group size to 7 scooters with the eighth scooter being our Tour Guide. This is a great fun trip for Couples, not our usual Europe Riding Miles Marathon!

2TU_Tuscany-by-Scooter_2013.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't been there, Florence (and the rest of Italy) will blow your mind. Aw, heck -- even if you have been there, it'll blow your mind.

Just yesterday I was trying to explain to my sister (who is going with us in a couple months) the experience of entering the Basilica of Santa Croce and realizing that you are standing in the burial place of Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, Rossini and others. Or standing on the Ponte Vecchio...

Have fun!

Just gotta love the concept!

Old Michaels bro, can't recall the name, on a DV ride with all the big peeps..

..and had more fun than all of us...

trust me.

Tuscany on a scooter is fun. I did this many years ago - although not as part of any tour, based out of both Florence and Siena.

Vroom2.jpg

Don, really you and Donna on a 300cc scooter???????
R
Tylor is the General Manager of Victory BMW here in Chandler and they also sell the large Vespa, he is going to let Donna and I take one out for a demo ride!

Will SkooterG be participating in this endeavor?
Yo Doug, only if one of his many "Boyfriends" is paying for this trip!

Tuscany on a scooter is fun. I did this many years ago - although not as part of any tour, based out of both Florence and Siena.
Vroom2.jpg
Wowser Sam, please give me as much information as you can about your Florence / Siena Scooter Tour. Many Thanks to You!

The four of us are not locked in with EBT yet, we have not sent in our deposits. +1, Gunny: If we can do this cheaper and better!

Vroom2.jpg
Wowser Sam, please give me as much information as you can about your Florence / Siena Scooter Tour. Many Thanks to You!

The four of us are not locked in with EBT yet, we have not sent in our deposits. +1, Gunny: If we can do this cheaper and better!
It depends on your tastes and style of traveling Don. When my ex-g/f and I did it back in 2006, we were following Rick Steve's guide book for Italy. We toured the entire country by Train, but chose to tour some portions of the Tuscany area via rented scooter as a spur of the moment thing. We found scooter rental companies in both Florence and Siena mostly by asking around/recommendations from the lodging folks. The scooters (with helmets and insurance) cost us about $75-$100/day, I can't remember the exact number, but somewhere in that range (at the 2006 currency exchange rate). They were a 250cc Piaggio and some 250cc French scooter I can't remember the name of. Both ran very well and gave us no issues.

We toured Fiesole (which is right on the outskirts of Florence) and whizzed around the museums and piazza's in and around Florence and some other town near Florence that I can't recall the names of. From Siena we toured San Gimignano and Volterra and Chianti. The fun of the adventure was that we were not tied into anyone-else's schedule, we could do what we wanted and ride where we wanted to and stop when and where we wanted to and we always followed Rick Steve's restaurant and lodging recommendations in every town. His reccomendations never let us down. The food was out of this world, so good that ever since 2006 I have mostly stopped going to Americanized Italian Restaurants - they all now taste horrible in comparison.

Go to Michelangelo's Piazza for great views of Florence.

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

They have Harley's in Italy also!
tongue.png

IMG_0981.jpg

The best Gelato in the world is in Florence.

IMG_0958.jpg

The local women are friendly and pretty! We befriended these two sisters, who also showed us around Florence.

IMG_1160.jpg

San Gimignano is a town still stuck in the middle ages..

IMG_0250.jpg

The countryside is absolutely gorgeous..

TuscanHillsPanaroma.jpg

If you go in September (when we went). Be warned that Late August/September is wedding season...Italian brides are freakin' HOT!!

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

Whatever you decide, whomever you decide to go with. Just go! You will have the time of your life!!

PS - I forgot to add, my ex-g/f spoke fluent Italian. Many Italians do speak English, but they are much more cooperative and friendly if you spoke to them in Italian. This helped us out tremendously.

Many Thanks to you puppy chow, this is really great information; I will put it over at AZ Beemers Club ASAP, if we can save a grand per couple more folks can then participate in this Tuscany Tour!

Sounds like entirely too much fun. My wife says definitely count us in.

Sounds great, Mr. and Mrs. Pat Rourke; very glad you two are aboard, this will be a really fun AZ Beemers Couples Ride!

NOTE: We also have a very nice Couple from FJR Forum who have signed up for the 2014 Tuscany by Scooter Tour in 2014.

ATTENTION: This makes four Couples signed up for this Edelweiss Bike Travel Tour, it is sold out at seven Couples: So currently there are only three openings for Couples left at this time!