Tuscany by Scooter in 2014 with Edelweiss, Couples Tour.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was fantastic for us to be visited by FJR Forum Stefano Sarao - teerex yesterday here in Quarto d'Altino, Seth brought incredible snacks and fixed us his incredible alcohol concotion: Prosecco Spritzers, Campari-Soda-Prosecco-Orange! We had a wonderful dinner at a Restaurant owned by the Villa d'Odino Hotel we are all staying at!

Stef is taking on a wine tasting tour Sunday morning, after going to Church of course! In the afternoon teerex is taking us to a magnificent Villa on a River, to walk their gardens!

Last edited by a moderator:
Photos are Courtesy of Edelweiss Bike Travel Tour Guide Domenico Schiano, a fantastic Gentleman and an outstanding Photographer! https://www.worldtourer.com/?p=26268

Our group in an olive grove on the way to Villa Pitiana for cooking class and a ride to the top of the mountain at Valle Ombrosa (Shady Valley).

DSCN4242-450x337.jpg

Dr. Richard Christensen, our Resident Dane, could not ride past a Gelato Shop with out stopping for a double scoop. Damned Vikings!

DSCN4286-450x337.jpg

The Abbey of Valle Ombrosa. L to R: Heather, Donna and Sue.

DSCN4254-450x337.jpg

Don and Donna relaxing at the Villa Pitiana Estate.

DSCN4273-450x337.jpg

The majestic view from the balcony terrace of the Villa Pitiana, every where your front wheel takes you has views like this in Tuscany!

DSCN4271-450x337.jpg

L to R: Elaine and Pat

DSCN4289-450x337.jpg

L to R: Daugher Heather with Mom Sue.

DSCN4290-450x337.jpg

Another photo stop opportunity and our AZ Beemers Group is overlooking Valley of Florence.

DSCN4284-450x337.jpg

Toscana is the heart of the olive and wine production industry in Italy, many square miles of olive trees and grape fields.

DSCN4244-450x337.jpg

Sorry Bustanut joker, but I have left you for a younger and more handsome Italian hombre! L to R: Papa Chuy Viejo and EBT Tour Guide Domenico Schiano.

DSCN4279-450x337.jpg

The Edelweiss Bike Travel provided Italian Cooking Class at Villa Pitiana, everyone did great work and the food that they prepared was awesomely great!

DSCN4265-450x337.jpg

DSCN4264-450x337.jpg

DSCN4261-450x337.jpg

DSCN4263-450x337.jpg

DSCN4240-450x337.jpg

Stef is taking on a wine tasting tour Sunday morning, after going to Church of course! In the afternoon teerex is taking us to a magnificent Villa on a River, to walk their gardens!
In spite of the (extensive) wine-tasting we did, I made it home safe on Sunday afternoon. Glad you guys enjoyed it. Now you know where (and how) Prosecco is made...

Hope you enjoyed visiting the Villa Pisani (the most amazing of the Ville del Brenta) and nobody got irreparably lost in its famous maze.

It was good to see you all. Have a great time in Rome!

Stef is taking us on a wine tasting tour Sunday morning, after going to Church of course! In the afternoon teerex is taking us to a magnificent Villa on a River, to walk their gardens!
In spite of the (extensive) wine-tasting we did, I made it home safe on Sunday afternoon. Glad you guys enjoyed it. Now you know where (and how) Prosecco is made...

Hope you enjoyed visiting the Villa Pisani (the most amazing of the Ville del Brenta) and nobody got irreparably lost in its famous maze.

It was good to see you all. Have a great time in Rome!
Mi hermano Stefano, you are The Italian Host with the Most! Grazie, we had a wonderful time visiting with you and thank you so much for all that you did for us!

The Villa Pisani was incredible and Si the maze was a tricky one! Rode the train in to Venice, took the Vaporetto (shuttle boat) to St. Mark's Square for lunch and shopped for the kids! Mi Amigo, Miss Donna and Papa Chuy Viejo are drinking your gift of Cantina Trevigiana Prosecco Vino Frizzante as we speak! Excelente, ese! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese! https://www.viticoltoriponte.it/en/

More Tuscany, Italy Scooter Tour Photos from Dr. Richard Christensen. Dr. Rich, Thank You!

get-attachment.aspx-66-L.jpg

Papa Chuy Viejo took so many free samples that they finally made me leave the Delicatessen. JSNS!

get-attachment.aspx-65-L.jpg

Amazing shops loaded with all kinds of desirable artwork, but only so much room for packing on the Vespas!

DSCN4044-450x337.jpg

What an incredible selection of incredible edible goodies!

DSCN4017-450x337.jpg

Wine, wine and more wine! These grapes turned this Irish Paddy away from Whiskey and Beer!

DSCN4021-450x337.jpg

Every Italian Village Square that we visited had at least a dozen produce stands with fresh veggies!

DSCN4189-450x337.jpg

Miss Donna and BeemerDonS have only been home from Italy for twelve hours and we miss Italy already!

get-attachment.aspx-64-L.jpg

On the road again, Donna and Don can't wait to get back on the road again: Italian Style, ese!

get-attachment.aspx-67-L.jpg

Kiss Me, I'm Italian-Irish: Well, at least for two weeks I was! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Ciao!

get-attachment.aspx-69-L.jpg

Our Edelweiss Bike Travel Tour Guide Domenico Schiano really made this ride great, fun and friendly Italiano!

get-attachment.aspx-68-L.jpg

https://www.edelweissbike.com/en/allTours/true/cont/def/tab/x5404a627220828.70586377/christopher-columbus-tour.html

We all had such a wonderful and exciting time together I'm planning our next European get together for 2 years from now, this time we'll be riding Spain and Portugal.

I will be contacting Karin Gritsch regarding our AZ Beemers and FJR Forum Group once again utilizing the Edelweiss Bike Travel Custom Tour discount pricing rates.

I see no problem with our again being able to secure 10 participants for Christopher Columbus Tour, I'm also opening this up to 2012 Alps and Dolomites EBT tourers.

Everybody was a Great Motorcyclist and Everyone had Right Stuff for getting along well together, you meet the nicest people on Motorcycles and You were the Best!

Sincerely yours,
Don StanleyChandler, AZ

Hello Don,

Thank you very much for copying me into your e-mail. I am very pleased to see that you are working on the next tour already and we are of course looking forward to host your club again!

As for Christopher Columbus I just wish to say that I have done that tour twice since working for Edelweiss. One time as a passenger and one time as a rider. Oh what fun roads, great hotels and delicious cuisine this tour offers – not to forget landscape and people as well as history and culture. A very good choice! J

Since this is not a scooter tour I am afraid that I will not be your contact again. For that reason, I do copy my colleague Anna into this e-mail who will be at your assistance for any questions and concerns you may have from now on. [email protected]

It has been a great pleasure working with you and your group Don and of course, if there is ever anything I can personally do please just let me know.

All the best,
Karin

EDELWEISS BIKE TRAVEL

KARIN GRITSCH

Marketing & Communications

Sportplatzweg 14

6414 Mieming / Austria

[email protected]

www.edelweissbike.com

Tel: +43.5264.5690.16

Fax: +43.5264.5690.3

Follow us on Facebook

Facebook.com/edelweissbike

Follow all tours on our Worldtourer blog

Worldtourer.com

Great trip Don! I think we were almost right across the Adriatic from you, we just got back from the "Adriatic Roll-a-Coaster" tour with EBT. It was a blast too, good outfit!

I "have to" go to Florence every year at the end of January for work for a couple of days. Tough duty, I know.
coolsmiley02.gif
We usually spend a couple of off days in the neighborhood, we've gone on winery tours a couple of years now. I think we'll check out the cooking class this time though, thanks for the links!

Dear Anna,

AZB/FJR Forums Spain and Portugal Tour will not be until October of the Year 2016, we're riding Southern Mexico and off road Alaska in 2015, along with other tours.

I would anticipate our group would be at least a dozen participants, same as when Rainer Buck organized our Alps and Dolomites Custom Tour in August of 2012.

I've ridden Spain, Gibraltar, France and Andorra before on the BMW Boxer Twin; but for the Christopher Columbus Tour I would go with the BMW F700GS Twin.

I would anticipate the Beemer riders will go with BMW Twins or BMW Fours and Sixes, the FJR Forum participants would like something similar to their FJR's.

If you could give us your proposal based on our providing a minimum of 10 AZB/FJR Participants by October 1, 2015: Our Club can easily commit a booking.

Best Regards from the Sonoran Desert,

Don Stanley
Chandler, AZ 85225

-----Original Message-----
From: Anna Hertwig - Edelweiss Bike Travel <[email protected]>
To: Don Stanley <[email protected]>
Sent: Fri, Oct 17, 2014 2:30 am
Subject: Spain and Portugal 2015 for AZ Beemers and FJR Forum Group

Dear Don,
nice to hear that you enjoyed your last trip and that you are planning already the next one.
I’m responsible for all special tours and I think we will organize a nice special tour for your group. Please let me know your ideas for the tour in 2015. Do you already have a date for the next trip? Number and type of bikes, … please send all details you already have for me so that I can come up with a special tour offer.
I’m looking forward to working with you and wishing you a perfect day.

Best regards from the Alps,
Anna

Office:
Sportplatzweg 14
6414 Mieming / Austria

Worldtourer Blog
Tel.:
+43 5264 5690-10

Edelweiss on facebook
Fax:
+43 5264 5690-3
Mail
[email protected]

Meet us at Edelweiss Feschtl!
Web:
https://www.edelweissbike.com

Great trip Don! I think we were almost right across the Adriatic from you, we just got back from the "Adriatic Roll-a-Coaster" tour with EBT. It was a blast too, good outfit!

I "have to" go to Florence every year at the end of January for work for a couple of days. Tough duty, I know.
coolsmiley02.gif
We usually spend a couple of off days in the neighborhood, we've gone on winery tours a couple of years now. I think we'll check out the cooking class this time though, thanks for the links!
Hola BwanaDik and Bambi, por favor ride Spain and Portugal with us in October of 2016. I'm negotiating a discount rate with Edelweiss, for a Custom Tour just for us ese! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Arriba!

https://www.edelweissbike.com/en/allTours/true/cont/def/tab/x5404a627220828.70586377/christopher-columbus-tour.html

Planning 2016?!! Holy Smoke y'all look WAY ahead!

Also glad to see you'll be doing your tour on real motorcycles this time. BTW, A friend has a F800GS here, do they have both F700's and 800's over there? Seems a little redundant.

Don, you should start a new thread with a new title and link this thread to it otherwise people are going to get notices from the Tuscany thread and maybe disregard them.

Senior Pappa...

I'm glad it was so successful and everyone got along well, sounds like you had the right combination, certainly you had the right back-drop ;) . No side bags on your scoots tho?... How did you manage to pack all that fresh mozzarella and wine into your backpack? ;)

Italy is still on my doo-list, (My) Debbie has done the Northern Tuscany as you guys did, but she was on a guided group tour; no scooters. She loved it, wants to go back, but this time she wants "us" to do the Southern. So I guess I miss the Tuscany, so thank you for all the great pics :)

Planning 2016?!! Holy Smoke y'all look WAY ahead!
Also glad to see you'll be doing your tour on real motorcycles this time. BTW, A friend has a F800GS here, do they have both F700's and 800's over there? Seems a little redundant.

Don, you should start a new thread with a new title and link this thread to it otherwise people are going to get notices from the Tuscany thread and maybe disregard them.
Good call CopB8, I'm starting the planning early because this trip will be much more expensive than 3 previous FJR Forum Euro Tours: I'm guessing around $5.5K, per person ese! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Arriba!

I don't want to know what went on in that meat market when the camera was off...
uhoh.gif
Yo Barry I brought back a foot long cotto salami just for you, you can put it in your underpants to replace those rolled up socks that you have in there now! Ciao, Prego! JSNS!

P1100541.JPG

Senior Pappa...
I'm glad it was so successful and everyone got along well, sounds like you had the right combination, certainly you had the right back-drop
wink.png
. No side bags on your scoots tho?... How did you manage to pack all that fresh mozzarella and wine into your backpack?
wink.png

Italy is still on my doo-list, (My) Debbie has done the Northern Tuscany as you guys did, but she was on a guided group tour; no scooters. She loved it, wants to go back, but this time she wants "us" to do the Southern. So I guess I miss the Tuscany, so thank you for all the great pics
smile.png
https://www.rental-motorcycle.com/europe/italy/rome_rental.html Buon giorno KJ e Debbie, Papa Chuy Viejo will make you Paisanos an offer you absolutely cannot refuse! Prego! Ciao!

If you can wait until October 2017, BeemerDonS will organize a self-guided tour for the three of us, plus any others you want to ride with us, exploring Southern Italy on Motorcycles!

I have had great success renting motorcycles from AD-MO worldwide, we would pick up our motos in Rome. I intend to rent a Ducati Multistrada, they have many moto choices.

I have never ridden a motorcycle South of Roma, so this will be all new territory for Papa Chuy also. Plan on a week rental riding to Naples and then on to the ferry for Messina.

Plan on at least three nights on Sicily, then we take the overnight ferry to Naples from Palermo. Only pre made lodging reservations would be Rome, Naples and Palermo, Italia.