Twisted Sisters

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rode 1,000 miles to Kerrville, rode the sisters, then 1,000 back. Last month. Not the pace that I’m accustomed to, being from the NC/ N. GA/E. TN area, but the views and the terrain were breathtaking.

That would be great. I have ridden the sisters several times but not on my FJR yet.

So my neighbor (rides a HD but he is a good guy :)) and i did it this past October. We based out of Kerrville and rode over to the route, incorporating a detour to Tarpley, TX to a Triple D locations called Mac & Earnies Roadside Eatery (Worth it). On the ride down we had to stop at Luckenbach, TX. There is a lot to do in this part of the Texas Hill Country. Yes I ride to eat, as on the route back we went to Black’s BBQ in Lockhart (Worth it). Wa thinking in the April timeframe to try and catch the bluebonnets that might be in bloom
Chris

I rode the Sisters in October. Very cool! Started in Denver, Rocksprings, Barksdale, 335 north, 41 east, 336 south, Leakey to Medina to Kerrville. Luckenbach, Blanco, Austin, Corpus Christi, South Padre Island, Del Rio, Carrizo Springs, Big Bend. Texas has some of the country's greatest roads. Don't miss route FM170 west from Terlingua to Presidio. Marfa, Ft Davis. 3 week ride. 100% dependable FJR.

What about us Texas FJR owners work out the details and we ride the 3 Twisted Sisters in 2022
What about us Texas FJR owners work out the details and we ride the 3 Twisted Sisters in 2022
Rode the Sisters in 2016 on my other bike (97 Softail Custom) and really enjoyed that and the Texas Hill Country roads. Sadly probably the only really good riding in the state if one is lookin for curves.

If you guys ever head east, come to N Georgia and ride state highways 60,180, 348 and 197 as well as into neighboring NC and TN on the BRP and Cherohala Skyway just for openers.

If you feel the need to have your "ticket punched' you could also throw in the Tail of the Dragon, but there are too many young guys on their crotch rockets who think they are immortal for my comfort. A lot of disrespect is seen in their behavior.

Rode the Sisters in 2016 on my other bike (97 Softail Custom) and really enjoyed that and the Texas Hill Country roads. Sadly probably the only really good riding in the state if one is lookin for curves.

If you guys ever head east, come to N Georgia and ride state highways 60,180, 348 and 197 as well as into neighboring NC and TN on the BRP and Cherohala Skyway just for openers.

If you feel the need to have your "ticket punched' you could also throw in the Tail of the Dragon, but there are too many young guys on their crotch rockets who think they are immortal for my comfort. A lot of disrespect is seen in their behavior.
Ridercoach, when it came time to pick a place to retire, we picked North Georgia because of the fabulous motorcycle roads. As a bonus we got four seasons (all mild), a low cost of living, and wonderful neighbors. What a great place to live - a right turn out of my driveway and I’m on some of the best motorcycle roads in the country !