Unexpected Ride Change

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wheelhorse

Reaction score
Hello from Rogers Arkansas! The day after Thanksgiving, an "enemy" turned left in front of me and wrecked my 2013 BMW K1600GTL. My prestine and favorite bike of all time was totalled but thankfully I walked away with just a broken rib and some scrapes & bruses! Finding another BMW as nice as mine within my budget would not be likely, so I did some quick research about alternatives. It did not take long to discover the world of FJRs. Less than a week ago, I purchased a 2020 ES with only 1,500 miles on it. After a chilly 6 hour ride from the St. Louis area, my new FJR is safely in my garage. It's too early to know if this will top the K1600, but I already know there is a whole lot to love about this bike. It's around 100 lbs lighter, pretty darn quick, and I will enjoy being able to do nearly all of the maintenance without making a 4 hour journey to the dealer. I believe I'm going to be extremely happy with this bike overall.

IMG_1355.JPGIMG_1358.JPGOFPA2193.JPG

Damn 2wheel, I'm glad you walked away from that encounter with only minor injuries and you're on the mend.
Sorry for your BMW loss, Glad for your FJR gain!

You will find there is much to like about the new FJRs, and even more to like about the FJR community.
Welcome to the campfire! Read a lot. There are at least 3 FJR Forums, with many knowledgeable members.
Ask about anything. We're here to help you spend your money!!

Merry Christmas,
dan

Hello from Rogers Arkansas! The day after Thanksgiving, an "enemy" turned left in front of me and wrecked my 2013 BMW K1600GTL. My prestine and favorite bike of all time was totalled but thankfully I walked away with just a broken rib and some scrapes & bruses! Finding another BMW as nice as mine within my budget would not be likely, so I did some quick research about alternatives. It did not take long to discover the world of FJRs. Less than a week ago, I purchased a 2020 ES with only 1,500 miles on it. After a chilly 6 hour ride from the St. Louis area, my new FJR is safely in my garage. It's too early to know if this will top the K1600, but I already know there is a whole lot to love about this bike. It's around 100 lbs lighter, pretty darn quick, and I will enjoy being able to do nearly all of the maintenance without making a 4 hour journey to the dealer. I believe I'm going to be extremely happy with this bike overall.

View attachment 3304View attachment 3305View attachment 3306

That was too close for comfort. Glad you could walkaway. I have part time property in Holiday, Island AR and a 2006 FJR. A riding partner would be nice. Lots of HDs in these hills.

That was too close for comfort. Glad you could walkaway. I have part time property in Holiday, Island AR and a 2006 FJR. A riding partner would be nice. Lots of HDs in these hills.
Hey DrDuane nice to meet you! I'd be thrilled to have a riding partner. I get out there year round unless the weather is prohibitive. I'll keep an eye out for messages from you.

Got to watch out for those Migs coming from every direction It is sad anytime we have to put one of our beloved mares down but I'm glad you only have minor injuries and have already decided to get back on a new steed. God speed from Hendersonville, TN.

Glad you walked away with minor injuries.

Welcome. Enjoy the forum and your new ride!

Welcome to the forum, from Moncton, NB, Canada. I came to the FJR clan in the exact same way as you did: a cager turned left across my path and destroyed my Honda ST1300. I was wearing a Helite Airbag vest and walked away with only minor bruising on my leg.

Welcome from Dallas, TX and Sorry about your loss, and happy you didn't get into any severe injury. Congrats on your new ride, have safe miles on it.