Unintended New Owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Typically, I build my own seats". Tell me more about that. Perhaps you can post a step-by-step "how-to"?
Maybe eventually. The first thing I do is to find and buy a reasonably priced set of seats (front / rear). The condition of the seat covers doesn't matter. I'm about 3 days from home now. I think I know what I want for this one. That is the biggest part of the formula ... knowing what you want. Buy and try / Pay and pray can be a nightmare, huh.

Attachments

• 2023 Ride Colorado.jpg
    2023 Ride Colorado.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 1
Watch the want ads. Front and rear normally for $100. Most folks send them off for a rebuild. I did a set off to Seth Laam and the build was excellent. Sorta like a RDL and neither of those matched my style or butt. If you know how to build yourself that's 3/4 of the battle.

Maybe eventually. The first thing I do is to find and buy a reasonably priced set of seats (front / rear). The condition of the seat covers doesn't matter. I'm about 3 days from home now. I think I know what I want for this one. That is the biggest part of the formula ... knowing what you want. Buy and try / Pay and pray can be a nightmare, huh.
Hey, thanks for attaching the map! Great visual. 👍🏼

UPDATE: I'm back in California. My FJR is in Albuquerque, NM. Huh?
I was in Pueblo, CO fixi'n to start my last leg via RT. 50. One of my favorite rides and I realized that it was the Friday start to the Memorial Day weekend. All the big-rigs had been replaced with camper trailers, motorhomes and family packed cars. A LOT of them. As you may know, Rt 50 is a two way across the desert to Carson City, NV. In the first hour I had see 4 trooper cars and 2 stops. I decided that traveling at 65mph for two days would suck and Yes, I rerouted to ABQ to spend time with friends and wait it out. It was about 4.5 hours to ABQ and I thought ... So when I got to Albuquerque I phoned Bobby J's Yamaha and went over there. Nice guy and in under 45 minutes he bought my FJR. He gave me a good price which pretty much made me even for the ST1300, that BMW LT and the FJR itself. I really liked the FJR and will likely get another one. (I'll keep my membership here activated) Plus I already knew that I wanted a 6 speed and registering an non-Cali bike is a huge hassle.
In the end, it was a very positive, albeit "unintended", experience. Not the least of which was meeting you guys.
Thanks for everything.