University Motors, Yamaha OEM Parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we've been using mike kolstad/univ motors over on the fj list for at least a couple years now. i believe mike is an fj owner. before we found him, we used zanotti's, in pa, they come very close to UM's prices. i think there is about a 3% difference between the two, so in case for whatever instance UM doesn't have the part and you need it now, you might want to try zanottis.

TWN is going to make this call soon ????? Whats up with tde bike Tim?

Jeff
Mikey whacked my Discover card today with $900 in parts. I'll have it back together in two weeks, back orders not withstanding. Great service (double checked all of my parts with the OEM fiche, then emailed me the list for my verification :good: ). Can't say enough good about UMotors.

I'll start another thread tomorrow regarding the insurance claim, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
TWN is going to make this call soon ????? Whats up with tde bike Tim?

Jeff
Mikey whacked my Discover card today with $900 in parts. I'll have it back together in two weeks, back orders not withstanding. Great service (double checked all of my parts with the OEM fiche, then emailed me the list for my verification :good: ). Can't say enough good about UMotors.

I'll start another thread tomorrow regarding the insurance claim, etc.

cool need some help watching give me a buzzz ill bring the Beer :drinks:

I just ordered some dirt bike parts (WR250F) from Mike Kolstad myself! I should replace some tip over parts on the AE, but I've grown accustomed to the scars... for now. There is a juicy Yamaha "touring" seat coming for my AE from UM, too. Well, I hope it's not TOO juicy (it's a gel seat). Easy Peasy and the prices are still fabulous.

per a buddy of mine on the yahoo fj list, a few changes to university motors:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick heads-up for those who haven't ordered from Mike lately...

University Motors has been renamed as UMotors, Inc. and has built two

brand-new buildings/dealerships. Mike Kolstad has moved to the new

dealership in Fergus Falls, MN, so he has new contact information. He

can be reached at:

UMotors, Inc.

1120 Frontier Ave.

Fergus Falls, MN 56537

Tel # (218) 998-2200

His email address remains unchanged as "m_kolstad*at*yahoo*dot*com.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dean

cincinnati