Unlimited miles on a northern Italy motorcycle rental?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnKing

Reaction score
If I'm a very good boy, my Italian girlfriend and I will be going back to her home town of Turino, Italy this fall (late September/early October) for a month. We would really like to rent a motorcycle for a few days. I know they are going to be expensive (and we're (almost) OK with spending around 120 - 150 Euros/day) but what's killing me is the per kilometer charges (upwards of 0.25 cents/km!). We plan on riding a LOT so the mileage charges could be 50% of the rental fee.

Anyone have any URLs or company names they can recommend for reputable companies that have 2-up suitable bikes but include mileage in the rental? I don't need touring info - she's a native so she'll be my "tour guide with benefits". :)

I'm jealous, that sounds like a great ride...with benefits.

I can't help you with your rental, but I can tell you this much. I rented a bike overseas and it ended up costing me much more than I planned. If I had to do it all over again...I'd pay twice as much! Enjoy!

I'm jealous, that sounds like a great ride...with benefits.
LOL Yeah - I've always dreamed of riding through northern Italy on a bike. The addition of a native tour guide is an added bonus. :)

I can't help you with your rental, but I can tell you this much. I rented a bike overseas and it ended up costing me much more than I planned. If I had to do it all over again...I'd pay twice as much! Enjoy!
LOL That's what I'm afraid of - that I'll get there and be willing to pay ANY price to ride the mountain passes. :)

LOL That's what I'm afraid of - that I'll get there and be willing to pay ANY price to ride the mountain passes.
smile.png
Well, you only live once and can't take it with you :lol:

Seriously, most European rental places I have seen have a daily limit (300-400km's a day) and are not cheap. But, I'd suggest posting this question over on ADVrider in the Europe, Middle East & Africa Trip Planning forum. A lot more "world travelers" over there.

https://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58

If you are riding mountain passes, you probably won't ride as many miles as you think. I've only been over twice and rode 14 days each time. We rode 4-5 passes each day and with photo stops, coffee breaks, lunch, 150 miles felt like a fun workout.

LOL That's what I'm afraid of - that I'll get there and be willing to pay ANY price to ride the mountain passes.
smile.png
Well, you only live once and can't take it with you
laugh.png
True but I need to save up and bring it with me first. :)

Seriously, most European rental places I have seen have a daily limit (300-400km's a day) and are not cheap. But, I'd suggest posting this question over on ADVrider in the Europe, Middle East & Africa Trip Planning forum. A lot more "world travelers" over there.
https://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58
Thanks!

If you are riding mountain passes, you probably won't ride as many miles as you think. I've only been over twice and rode 14 days each time. We rode 4-5 passes each day and with photo stops, coffee breaks, lunch, 150 miles felt like a fun workout.
Not going to exclusively ride the passes - I'm more keen on it than the GF so we'll compromise and do what she lets me do. :)

But your experience is good to know. Thanks!