Unscrupulous Dealer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moby one

Reaction score
This is a little long so I will paraphrase. Back in March '05 I decided to purchase an FJR. With a little research I found two dealers that had some left over '05's in stock. One was Chicago Cycle and the other was Holiday Powersports, Jackson, Michigan. Chicago Cycle was way too high quoting me $14,900. The call then went to Holiday. The sales rep informed me that they had one left and I could come take a look at it. I travel for my job and so I fiured that I would divert to Jackson on my way home. This took me about 3 hours out of my way. Very interested I sat down at the desk and we hammered out a deal. $12,700 out the door. WOW, I was a happy camper so I put $100 on the Visa to hold it while I procured a loan. A few days later I was sitting in front of my lender and I called Holiday to get them to fax over the paperwork/Quote. My heart sank when I seen the final OTD pricing to be $14,700, Whoa, 2grand more! I had to tell the lender to wait while I contacted the dealer due to some obvoius mix-up. The inept sales rep denied the entire neogation and since I had nothing in writing I knew I was screwed. He kept the paperwork at his desk and I left the dealership with a Visa receipt stating that it was a down payment on an '05 FJR. Next came the discussions with the sales manager. He lowered the price by taking off the freight and prep. But still had the extended warranty of $699 for 24 months on the quote (which I never wanted). During the next phone conversation with the manager he informed me that the origional sales person was new and was unaware of the "bottom line" on this bike. I told him that the deal was for $12,700 OTD and he tried to tell me that Out the door means different things to different people. I don't know was his defination was but OTD to me means I give you a check and it is out the door in my truck! He then replied "are you gonna buy this bike or not" I said "no" he then said thanks for the $100 it's nonrefundable. I then called him a dickhead then he hung up on me. I then corresponed with the owner Ed Machnik over email. I hooked him by asking if I could give him some feedback on a recent experience that I had with his sales staff. He replied that he was eager to hear about his sales staff. When I wrote in great detail what had happend, guess what? no reply. I then sent a copy of that email to him and his wife (her name was on the quote) certified mail with no response. There are some other details missing but you get the point. Don't deal with Holiday Powersports, Jackson, Michigan.

By the way, I ended up doing the PDP from a dealer 5 minutes from my house and got my bike in May '05. I got it for Out the Door $12,600. Sorry for the length of this note but It's snow/rain outside and the beer is really cold.

Happy Holidays . Not Holiday Powersports they suck donkey cock.

paragraphs are a great new invention to ease the reading experience. ;)

Beyond that, ALWAYS get a detailed receipt that includes a "total balance due" as the bottom line. In spite of all the great reports about D&H, I did just that. It neve became an issue, but my detailed receipt was in my hot little hands when I arrived to pick it up (cashier's check for total balance due in my pocket).

Last edited by a moderator:
If my cc receipt didn't say NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT, I'd have been all over my credit card company with a dispute to get my money back. And I certainly would have given Holiday $100 worth of grief.

Yes, when I say OUT THE DOOR price, I mean I write a check for THAT amount, and I'm out the door. I went through that process with two car dealerships. I made it clear (and it was in writing) that: NO BULLSHIT, I write you a check for the OUT THE DOOR PRICE INCLUDING EVERYTHING AND SALES TAX and walk away. Don't try to add on any last minute glazing or anything or I'll walk. Did that with my FJR, too. So far so good.

Glad to hear so many good reports about D&H. Can't wait to do business with them.

OK, it's 48 here this afternoon. And dry. Time to go ride for a while. WOOOHOOO!!!!!

I'm another very satisfied customer of D&H. Jerrol has been up front and great to deal with. I purchased my wife's fjr over the phone. The only change from the agreement was that I picked it up 6 weeks before the anticipated delivery date!

They picked me up at the airport, bought me lunch, Jerrol himself explained the bike completely to me, answered all my questions in detail.

It was a very pleasant buying experience, at a great price, and had a great ride home.

I don't know was his defination was but OTD to me means I give you a check and it is out the door in my truck! He then replied "are you gonna buy this bike or not" I said "no" he then said thanks for the $100 it's nonrefundable.
Definately call your CC company, they will retreive it for you. Since you/the dealer have nothing in writing, they have to return it. I went through this one time with some asshats in the Bay Area. Once they knew that I knew my rights as a consumer, the card was credited, even when they too cried no refund on deposits. Stores do not want to piss of Visa/MC etc as they have the power to take away their credit privileges.

Absolutely keep working to get your money back. I had a similar experience with Lynnwood Motoplex, in Lynnwood Washington, but they finally got tired of dealing with me and gave me my money back after several months. Had a much better experience with Rays Cycle of Lewiston, Idaho.

do they really belive everyone who steps inside there showroom has shit for brains or do they think there the only dealer with 1300 . the dealer i purchased the bike from in brooklyn ( king cycle ) gave me no bullshit i gave him my price and he siad no way i need 200 bucks more and its yours . deal done all of 10 minutes . also he was the only dealers with in 60 miles thay had a 1300 in stock .

I did contact Visa right away and they did credit my deposit. I was happy to get my $100.

Then about a month later it showed up on my statement again. I called the hepless line at Visa and they told me that they checked it out and it was a legit charge.

I still have all of the paperwork in a file. Maybe I'll revisit that again.

I've often wondered what a dealer's reaction would be if I walked up & down the street in front of the dealer with a sign that said "XXX gypped me out of $100 - ask me how" . It's one of those things... I don't know if it would be worth the time & effort or not ...

Isn't there somebody in Cypress whose job it is to weed out double dealing arseholes from the dealer pool? An arbitration group perhaps? I would think that if you could go back to the dealer and tell him you were going to contact Joe Blow in Dealer Operations in Cypress, you might get your dough back a lot more easily than complaining to VISA. The credit card companies aren't much use if you ask me.

WC do you or does somebody with relationships inside Cypress know? It would seem to me that it would be in their interest to pull franchises or somehow hassle dealers that make Yamaha look bad. The Japanese, after all, have a high regard for dealing with people in an honorable fashion.

Cheers,

Jim

I did contact Visa right away and they did credit my deposit. I was happy to get my $100. Then about a month later it showed up on my statement again. I called the hepless line at Visa and they told me that they checked it out and it was a legit charge.

I still have all of the paperwork in a file. Maybe I'll revisit that again.
But, personally, I go straight for the jugular…If you got the balls and bucks go out find the meanest attorney in town and pay him whatever it takes for him to go after not the dealer, but Yamaha too for conspiring to commit widespread acts of deceptive trade practices....This is class action stuff you know,,,,,,At worse, you might end up making a fair trade.......You get a FJR, they get to keep you $100 and pay your attorney's fees. And with he’s fee, he'll be able to buy one too.....And at best, what would you to name your new dealership the court just bestowed upon you?

I just hate getting screwed........but it really pisses off my attorneys.....those SOBs just lose control when someone tries to screw me,,,,,they become a pack of mad pit bulls!!!! One time I actually sorta started to fell sorry for this one poor asshole that thought he'd screwed me. I watched him leave the courtroom crying & screaming like some baby throwing a temper tantrum after hearing the Judge’s monetary reward in my favor...What really made my day, was then the judge gave him a Additional $500 fine and 5 days in jail for that outburst! Took him away in handcuffs they did!!! Then his wife started crying................Wish he'd thrown that kunt in jail too....

BWWWHAHAHAHAAHAAAAHAAHHHAH

I'm really a nice guy.....

Happy Holidays

Moby One, Zorkler: I feel the utmost respect for yall...anyone that types without a care for any grammer or puncuation rules commands attention sirs! ;)

I must unfortunately go against the grain and share my happiness with D&H, Jerrol and company were great to me and I only bought a YES from them darn it ! I also got treated very well by Central Yamaha in Plano Tx. but just to keep things on the downswing...ALAMO CYCLEPLEX SUX Maximum fungal smegma from the 'taint region on King Kongs pernium....there, I feel better now...thanks Moby1 !!!

Happy Hollidaze !

Bobby

But, personally, I go straight for the jugular…If you got the balls and bucks go out find the meanest attorney in town and pay him whatever it takes for him to go after not the dealer, but Yamaha too for conspiring to commit widespread acts of deceptive trade practices....This is class action stuff you know,,,,,,At worse, you might end up making a fair trade.......You get a FJR, they get to keep you $100 and pay your attorney's fees. And with he’s fee, he'll be able to buy one too.....And at best, what would you to name your new dealership the court just bestowed upon you?
I can assure you that a winning lawyer will cost you more than a 2006 AE model would before it was over. The $100 deposit wouldn't even begin to pay the retainer.

Even if you could get enough people involved in a class-action suit, when it was done everyone would get $20 and the lawyers would take home any "millions" that are dreamed of.

I can assure you that a winning lawyer will cost you more than a 2006 AE model would before it was over. The $100 deposit wouldn't even begin to pay the retainer.
Even if you could get enough people involved in a class-action suit, when it was done everyone would get $20 and the lawyers would take home any "millions" that are dreamed of.
who gives a rat's ass.....it's the principle of the thing......That's why I eluded to the fact you had to have the money and the balls.......Besides, you'll be suprised what a lawyer will do for ya when a case falls under deceptive trade practices act....At worst, I'm sure you sure could find an attorney who'd gladly take the case if you give him 100% of the judgement he collects, minus a $100 for you.

#2. If that's not your deal.......file a claim with the BBB, here's the website...

https://www.bbb.org/

3. And/or file a claim in small claim court so at least the dealers name will be listed in the legal notices all over town....

Or you can just lay down and roll over like some pussy, put a little vaseline on your behinney and tell em all to GO AHEAD, HAVE AT IT, YOUR EASY....

who gives a rat's ass.....it's the principle of the thing......That's why I eluded to the fact you had to have the money and the balls.......Besides, you'll be suprised what a lawyer will do for ya when a case falls under deceptive trade practices act....At worst, I'm sure you sure could find an attorney who'd gladly take the case if you give him 100% of the judgement he collects, minus a $100 for you.

Or you can just lay down and roll over like some pussy, put a little vaseline on your behinney and tell em all to GO AHEAD, HAVE AT IT, YOUR EASY....
Last October someone ran a post about how a dealer "backdoored" and screwed him on the price of a 06 FJR to the tune of $600 because he didn't get anything in writing when he made his deposit and then he demonstated a total lack of principle, balls, and common sense when he bought it at the higher price and made up some wimpy reasons to justify letting the dealer screw him.

You should advise him on what he should have told the dealer to do with that deal since you seem to be someone with principle, money, and balls.

It sounds like you should have got in writing after you hammered out the deal and BEFORE you gave them a deposit.

My attorney is 450.00 an hour. It would cost me to get that 100 bucks back about 50,000.00.

Principal can get real expensive even when you might be right!.

Next time, get it in writing. Chalk it up to experience.

It sounds like you should have got in writing after you hammered out the deal and BEFORE you gave them a deposit.

My attorney is 450.00 an hour. It would cost me to get that 100 bucks back about 50,000.00.

Look numbnuts....I'll put it to where even you can understand it.......Most attorney's will at least write a demand letter for you for $500.......Giving the defendent (dealer) a definate time limit to accept his offer of $100 for you and $500 in fees for him or for those of you mathmatically impared too ($600).........or be sued.........

And that's right.....the dealer has freaking nothing in writing to back anything he's claiming he told you.....BWWWHAHAAAAAHAHHAHA, Hell, we're not only talking about violating the deceptive trade practices act here, but possible Credit Card fraud too on his behalf.!!!!And you got the proof in your hands (Visa Bill) for that....

Now, once your attorney drops the bomb on this fuker, the ball we be in his court.......He gonna run to to his attorney, who's gonna explain to him, He can pay him $450/hr to respond which will end up costing him $2000-5,000 to fight or he can write a freaking Check to your attoryney and go on his merry way of screwing everyone else.........Now, how big of balls do you think these chicken-shit dealers have? I suggese NONE,,,,it's just a game of intimidation.............Think he wants his name plastered all over the legal journals of the City's paper for trying to screw some poor guy out of a $100??????

Oh YEA, two can play this game.........And you aint' got nothing to lose... Meanwhile, he's sitting on a couple of Million dollars and his reputation....

It sounds like you should have got in writing after you hammered out the  deal and BEFORE you gave them a deposit.

Look numbnuts....I'll put it to where even you can understand it.......Most attorney's will at least write a demand letter for you for $500.......Giving the defendent (dealer) a definate time limit to accept his offer of $100 for you and $500 in fees for him or for those of you mathmatically impared too ($600).........or be sued.........

And that's right.....the dealer has freaking nothing in writing to back anything he's claiming he told you.....BWWWHAHAAAAAHAHHAHA, Hell, we're not only talking about violating the deceptive trade practices act here, but possible Credit Card fraud too on his behalf.!!!!And you got the proof in your hands (Visa Bill) for that....

Now, once your attorney drops the bomb on this fuker, the ball we be in his court.......He gonna run to to his attorney, who's gonna explain to him, He can pay him $450/hr to respond which will end up costing him $2000-5,000 to fight or he can write a freaking Check to your attoryney and go on his merry way of screwing everyone else.........Now, how big of balls do you think these chicken-shit dealers have? I suggese NONE,,,,it's just a game of intimidation.............Think he wants his name plastered all over the legal journals of the City's paper for trying to screw some poor guy out of a $100??????

Oh YEA, two can play this game.........And you aint' got nothing to lose... Meanwhile, he's sitting on a couple of Million dollars and his reputation....
He has NO paperwork. The judge is going to ask WHERE'S the paperwork to support his position. It's the dealers word against his. He didn't buy the bike so NO deposit is returned

You have been watching to much Judge Judy!!!

You have been watching to much Judge Judy!!!
It's up to the dealer to have the paperwork to prove to the court they made him an offer, he accepted it, then later recanted.....thus, forfeiting the deposit....

Man, what planet do you people live on......I got this great bridge in S. Texas for sale.........You can put a toll booth on it and make a killing.....Just send me a $1,000 deposit and it's yours..........I'll tell you the price after I receive the money, I can't give you anything in writing, but you have my WORD, it's a great deal........Trust me!! ....

BWWHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHH

Appears some in here, really work for dealerships and are posing as riders trying to mislead us......

Wouldn't surprise me that much...