Unscrupulous Dealer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have been watching to much Judge Judy!!!
It's up to the dealer to have the paperwork to prove to the court they made him an offer, he accepted it, then later recanted.....thus, forfeiting the deposit....

Man, what planet do you people live on......I got this great bridge in S. Texas for sale.........You can put a toll booth on it and make a killing.....Just send me a $1,000 deposit and it's yours..........I'll tell you the price after I receive the money, I can't give you anything in writing, but you have my WORD, it's a great deal........Trust me!! ....

BWWHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHH

Appears some in here, really work for dealerships and are posing as riders trying to mislead us......

Wouldn't surprise me that much...
No, I am a Electrical Contractor that understands when I will LOSE in court.

What I believe is the guy gave the dealer 100.00 in go faith. What I can PROVE in court is another matter.

Hey downn2, since you believe the moby one has such a slam dunk case, why don't YOU bank roll him for the attorney. NOW that's principal.

Fat chance. Talk is cheap.

Hey downn2, since you believe the moby one has such a slam dunk case, why don't YOU bank roll him for the attorney.  NOW that's principal.

I've tried to install values and principles in those who want it or have it, doesn't work ......

We have a saying down here in Texas....you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink....

Just how much money does it take before principle kicks in for you....$100, $200, $500, $1,000, $10,000, $100,000? Just what amount is it OK to screw you out of ?

That's how much I want for my bridge.....Send it on!

What dealership do you work for?

Hey downn2, since you believe the moby one has such a slam dunk case, why don't YOU bank roll him for the attorney.  NOW that's principal.

I've tried to install values and principles in those who want it or have it, doesn't work ......

We have a saying down here in Texas....you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink....

Just how much money does it take before principle kicks in for you....$100, $200, $500, $1,000, $10,000, $100,000? Just what amount is it OK to screw you out of ?

That's how much I want for my bridge.....Send it on!

What dealership do you work for?
OH--- Your from TEXAS ---

Now I understand what the problem is!!!!! :cownoy:

I can assure you that a winning lawyer will cost you more than a 2006 AE model would before it was over. The $100 deposit wouldn't even begin to pay the retainer.
Even if you could get enough people involved in a class-action suit, when it was done everyone would get $20 and the lawyers would take home any "millions" that are dreamed of.
who gives a rat's ass.
er... the person who spends thousands to recoup $100.

It's up to the dealer to have the paperwork to prove to the court they made him an offer, he accepted it, then later recanted.....thus, forfeiting the deposit....
For someone with absolutely no info in your profile, you sure talk a big game.

to the court they made him an offer, he accepted it, then later recanted.....thus, forfeiting the deposit....

The guy made a mistake in not getting any paperwork. He made a 100.00 mistake.

Get over it.

who gives a rat's ass.....it's the principle of the thing......That's why I eluded to the fact you had to have the money and the balls.......Besides, you'll be suprised what a lawyer will do for ya when a case falls under deceptive trade practices act....At worst, I'm sure you sure could find an attorney who'd gladly take the case if you give him 100% of the judgement he collects, minus a $100 for you.

Or you can just lay down and roll over like some pussy, put a little vaseline on your behinney and tell em all to GO AHEAD, HAVE AT IT, YOUR EASY....
Last October someone ran a post about how a dealer "backdoored" and screwed him on the price of a 06 FJR to the tune of $600 because he didn't get anything in writing when he made his deposit and then he demonstated a total lack of principle, balls, and common sense when he bought it at the higher price and made up some wimpy reasons to justify letting the dealer screw him.

You should advise him on what he should have told the dealer to do with that deal since you seem to be someone with principle, money, and balls.
Gee I wonder who that rocket scientist was who got back doored by a dealrer. Ahh could it be the man with all the answers, maybe:

let's look and see: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=3847

It is!! :bleh:

Gee I wonder who that rocket scientist was who got back doored by a dealrer. Ahh could it be the man with all the answers, maybe:
let's look and see: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=3847

It is!! :bleh:
And I didn't give that dealer ONE PENNY for a deposit either.......the deposit is BS, not to mention I got the price in writing...........Now, just what type of exposure do I have?........If he won't let me test drive the bike,,,he can keep it.......If I don't like the way he talks to me, he can keep it......or if I just don't like they way he combs his hair, he can keep it...

Yep,he really got to me....

Anyone interested in my bridge....Just send me a $100 depoit and I'll hold it for ya....

Uh OH, Here comes da profile police :bordum:

Dog, I do believe he's replying to DownSyndrome...

Oh, and please don't believe DownSyndrome is representative of Texas.

Dog, I do believe he's replying to DownSyndrome...

Oh, and please don't believe DownSyndrome is representative of Texas.
Just having a little fun with you guys in Texas.

I was at a glider race last year in Uvalde, Texas. Great people.

Regards

I had sort of the opposite happen to me w/ my 04. I got an internet price from Jarman's took it to the local dealer, asked if they could even come close to the price, I'd purchase it from them. The sales guy says you'll get ripped off for sure. I called Jarman's got the out the door quote in writing and sent the deposit money via FedEx. Picked up the bike for exactly what the price on the quote was.

Frankly, I would have gotten the out the door deal in writing before the $100 changed hands, however the b.s. the dealer threw about "out the door means different things to different people" is reprehensible conduct.

Man, what planet do you people live on......I got this great bridge in S. Texas for sale.........You can put a toll booth on it and make a killing.....Just send me a $1,000 deposit and it's yours..........I'll tell you the price after I receive the money, I can't give you anything in writing, but you have my WORD, it's a great deal........Trust me!! ....
? Somebody beat you to it, Down. I DO live in South Texas, on Earth. There are tollroads here ALREADY, complete with BRIDGES in place: the Sam Houston Tollway, Hardy Tollroad, the new Westpark Tollway, and the Sam Houston Tollway Bridge, (formerly the Jesse Jones bridge) and they make millions annually...

Maybe you should stick to 'I got some ocean front property in Arizona...'

cruzerdog

sounds like it's you that watches

Judge Judy and Jerry Springer ,,

with all your powerful knowledge of the legal system ,, :haha:

if he gave them a credit card for the deposit there is a paper trail ,, what does the reciept that you signed say the money is for ???

cruzerdog
sounds like it's you that watches

Judge Judy and Jerry Springer ,,

with all your powerful knowledge of the legal system ,, :haha:

if he gave them a credit card for the deposit there is a paper trail ,, what does the reciept that you signed say the money is for ???
Yeah, I know the system...

I ended up spending 350,000.00 in attorneys fees to go after a general contractor that owed me 56,000.00. It took five years but thank god I won. If I had lost, I would be paying my attorney those fees plus his which came in for 150,000.

I spent countless hours at depositions and the guy doing the drag it out shuffle.

Try putting out that much cash with the hope you might win, nothing guaranteed in court.

I got 56,000 plus interest - big wow -- it was my money in the first place. But it was done on principal.

Yeah, I know the system pretty well.........

I ended up spending 350,000.00 in attorneys fees to go after a general contractor that owed me 56,000.00. It took five years but thank god I won. If I had lost, I would be paying my attorney those fees plus his which came in for 150,000.
I spent countless hours at depositions and the guy doing the drag it out shuffle.

Try putting out that much cash with the hope you might win, nothing guaranteed in court.

I got 56,000 plus interest - big wow -- it was my money in the first place. But it was done on principal.

Yeah, I know the system pretty well.........
Congratualations..........that took king Kong balls....

Very interesting......I personally would hesitate to go after someone unless my attorneys are willing to take it on a contingency fee basis..........I'll give em 50% or more if they feel the case is that weak. If they won't take it on a contingency, then that's good evidence you got a weak case.............

But there are always continuating circumstance like the piss off amount we're dealing with here...........In reality, the dealer needs to be taught a lesson and his staff punished for violating the Deceptive Trade Practices Act and Credit Card Fraud....both laws which were enacted to protect the consumer. Like I saw, you can get ONE HELL of a demand letter out of an attorney for $500........and I'd say 9 out 10 times, the defendant’s attorney is gonna respond by advising him to settle with you immediately to reimburse you your money as well asyour attorney fees so far, as this dude's very aware of the consequences too for his client if he's dragged up before the judge to have to explain his actions.........I mean the Dealers has motorcycle helmets he's selling that cost more than you asking for.................Yes, most dealers use their heads for more than a hat rack.....thus have a nerve running directly from their brain into their wallets, and these guys aren't even aware of the shenanigans the Management and Sales staff are doing behind their backs to pump up the bottom line........until a certified letter from some dude's attorney hits his desk he forwards to his Corp's legal council....

It's time for a rude awakening.....

I thought about chalking it up to experience because I didn't get it in writing but I am obsessing about it now. I agree with most of you that it is a matter of principle to get my $100 back.

The first time that I contacted Visa they said that they would take care of it. They did credit my card. Then they re-billed me after their attempt of taking care of it. They made a call to the dealership questioning the charge. The store said that it was legit. $100 back on my statement. That's it? Thanks Visa.

As far as a papertrail I have a few things.

1. Credit card receipt stapled to the dealer print out stating "deposit on FJR". No verbage on non-refundable deposit.

2. a Fax to my credit union with the first price.

3. a Fax two days later with the second incorrect price. It did go down in price by about $650. It's still $1350 more than agreed.

4. copies of the emails sent to the owner with his one reply.

5 copies of the certified mail to the owners now with no reply.

I thought about small calims but decided against it at the time. Now that it is a matter of principle my view has changed.

the BBB is a good idea. I will check out the website.

BTW, I contacted Visa for the second time. They said that if it is past 60 days of the charge that is disputed it is there policy not to investigate. I faxed the receipt into their disputed claims dept. I won't hold my breath on that one.

It's too bad that a sales prick and his sales manager has made their boss out to be a bad guy. It's his name and reputation that is on the line. The only thing that they may loose is their $5 per hour job. However, the owner had ample time to take care of the situation.