UPDATED: RESHCEDULED: Tech Day XVI

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerGeek99

Yeah, it's a concrete corn cob. So?
Reaction score
EDIT:

After a flurry of emails, the Brain Trust has decided to try this once more.

We are planning on the weekend of 5/12/2018.

/EDIT

It's time once again for the best-damned midwest FJR Tech Day EVER!

Edition #16 will be in sunny, beautiful, doesn't-stink-as-bad-as-it-used-to Owosso, MI, hosted by Bust and MizzBust.

Plan on Saturday, April 14, 2018 Saturday, May 12, 2018 for this soiree. For folks who cannot make this a day ride, or have serious stuff to do on their bikes, there may be lodging available at the Sheep Pen or there are hotels where we have stayed in the past. We'll get more on that as the date gets closer.

Post up if you are coming. Please include:
1. When you plan on arriving and if you are staying overnight. That helps the innkeepers to plan and stuff.
B. What you're looking to do to your bike. Plan on wrenching on your own bike with folks nearby who have already either broken what you're working on or have completely screwed the pooch on what you're working on. If you're not sure what parts you will need for whatever you wanna do to your bike (say, a valve check or a fork rebuild), the sooner you speak up, the sooner you can get parts advice.

The Brain Trust usually brings most tools needed to get most jobs done. Bust has these things in the garage called 'tools' that ... well, other than the metric screwdrivers, I'm not really sure what they are or how to use them, but other people have used them and their bikes (mostly) ran, so that's good.

If you need tires, speak up so that we can make sure there's a tire changer there. Otherwise, there may not be one.

As a reminder, if you wanna do a valve check, plan on getting there Friday or trailering your bike. The engine has to be stone cold to do a valve check. If you don't have a shim kit, we'll make sure one is available.

If you wanna ship parts there ahead of time, speak up so we can get ya the shipping address. And if you haven't been to this little patch of Michigan, let us know so we can get you the address.

I'm currently planning on riding up for this. I'm going on the list for:
1. Assistance with my AVCC. It turns on on the control pad, but it never sets.
2. It's been a while - I wouldn't mind getting the rear suspension pivot points lubed up.
3. If I don't have it done before then, I'll prolly be needing a new front tire.

We are looking forward to seeing faces both familiar and new!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome!

Just getting started with my new 2017 FJR ES so it will be a while, but it comforts me to know there are events of this nature where I could get assistance from knowledgeable FJR owners in performing some of the more challenging maintenance items on this bike.

A big thumbs up and looking forward to contributing to this forum in the future.

Daniel

Laredo, TX/Monterrey, Mexico

I'll put down as a maybe. No work should need done. Just my usual heckle and throw random nuts and bolts on the floor.....

Andy, the cure for an acting up avcc is a 2013+ fjr.

We can help transfer accessories and bug guts over to the new ride at the tech day.

In, btw. Need nothing done as long as my top box doesn't come loose and fall off like after tech day last year. That was an expensive afternoon.

Fuck! In Missouri already.

*sigh*

Turning around.
Damn...that sucks
rolleyes.gif

Fuck! In Missouri already.

*sigh*

Turning around.
What are you doing in misery?

You are too far south Jane you ignorant slut.

We don't do to good with special needs types like you anyway
You're too early for the Stanley Cup Parade on Yonge St anyways. That is one of the reasons we postponed this soiree. It was that and the fact that I don't function well with ice hanging from my nutsack.

Groundhog.jpg

So any idea on the guest list yet? I need to know how much beer I don't have to buy as I'm gonna be a mooch.

And it's leaves mick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say it, but Sooze and I are out.

I've been traveling for work the last month+ and it's been kicking my ass lately.

While I didn't ride a whole lot at the Ramble last weekend, it was great getting out on the bike and it sucks knowing that I'm not gonna be in Owosso this weekend. (I never thought that I would ever say that last part.)

So y'all have fun, try to keep Tom from throwing bookcases at unsuspecting drunkards, try to keep the smoke INside, and try not break Julie's bike.

XOXO,
Geek