Updates and Closures on BRP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kneedragger55

Reaction score
I have a route planned for this coming up Monday to ride from Wintergreen to Hendersonville and was going to do everything via the BRP.  I just got a notification that a small section of the parkway is closed due to road damage....no big deal....small detour.  However, upon pulling a map for current conditions on the BRP I'm blown away at the amount of construction this map shows.  Can anyone verify if this is accurate?

This could be a super lengthy and painful trip if this is accurate.

VLMRyXm.jpg

For a couple of yrs now the BRP has been getting sections tarred and graveled.  You know, the small pea-sized chipped rocks.  They list it as construction.  I normally ride through it but if you're not a former dirt biker or have a passenger you may want to consider skipping it.

This page has a little more detailed info. They say they are going to keep as much as possible open during October. The number for Parkway road conditions is 828/298/0398.

Thanks guys.  I'm usually only on certain small sections of the Parkway at a time.  I ran into a little construction on our last trip but not much to sniff at.  The map pic I posted is actually from the NPS website, there's a link at the bottom.  This looks like ~200miles of construction, which is a little much.

I've got plenty of dirtbike skills but I'd rather not waste my time meandering through unless I have to.  We have a longer day (for me) at about 400 miles so I'd rather just take backroads.