Upstate SC and NC scouting report and rumblings of rides in the upstate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went for a 3 HR tour this afternoon.

178 is fine heading north into NC.

NC215 is clean up to the Parkway.

BRP is open from NC215 east to past US276. A little bit dirty but not too bad.

276 south of the Parkway is on the 2nd or 3rd year of the chip seal. Kept it pretty conservative until I could tell there was no loose stuff in the middle track.

Did not ride north o f the Parkway, had a dinner date with wifey.

Roads were pretty clear except for Brevard area. Even 276 near Caesar's Head was clear. Awesome riding.

East Fork Rd is closed for construction of the little bridges over the creek.

Rich Mtn road is closed for construction.

There. I've done my duty.

biggrin.png

EDIT: 80 at my house, 66 at 5500 ft on the Parkway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I call BS. You've always said the roads are crap around there..........
omg2.gif
..... 'spoze that's why you could only hack it for 3 hours.

I gave you a "like", but on second thought...you suck.
I can't help the fact that you live in Toledo Phil. But I do remember you sucking greatly with rides out in the South Pacific!
:) . I hope I get to do that again some day, but my buddy moved to Tasmania and the company jet doesn't really go there.
I'm still jealous of you guys that live in the Carolinas.

is the asphalt going up to Caesar's Head still crap? I hope they repave that road this year. FYI 176 north of Tryon is awesome also 64 from Hendersonville down to lake lure is good.

is the asphalt going up to Caesar's Head still crap? I hope they repave that road this year. FYI 176 north of Tryon is awesome also 64 from Hendersonville down to lake lure is good.
Just gotta watch for some serious irregularities in some of the curves. Nothing gets your attention like your front wheel hitting a big gouge in the asphalt mid-turn.

Seems like it would be fun some Saturday or Sunday this Spring to meet up early while the roads are clear at the gas station at 11 and 178 (or some place near Lake Lure), ride a few hours on the fun roads, then have a hot dog/ burger fest at my place, or a Tech Day at Griffs over in north Greer. Griff, you up for that sometime? If not, we could just head back to my place for hot dogs and burgers. I live close to where 276 and 25 cross.

I haven't checked with wifey, but I'm sure she would be fine with that. :)

Post up if you have more road reports in the upstate, or if yer interested in a ride, then eat. Spouses would be welcome on both the ride and eating event.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be up for a tech day at my place. I got lots of tools to break shit with. Even have a lift we can drop a bike off. :moil:
Okay...maybe I should start a different thread for this other ride and Tech Day thing. Griff and I will chat, then open a thread to see if people really wanna do this thing, or if it's just Griff and me wanting the get together.