Upstate SC and NC scouting report and rumblings of rides in the upstate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^^ Yeah, well, if there are two guys on this Forum that can hijack a thread, they'd be you and me.

Will look for new threads, including route66's, and try diligently not to hijack them.

Well, just spent about a couple hours with my college age daughter riding in these beautiful foothills. Stopped at a coworker's place so she could feed a couple carrots to their pet horse. Whistled for it and the half blind horse came cantering over for food from strangers.

Well, just had a little bit of time, so took 414 to some squiggly road north at Tigerville to get to Old 25 to Old Saluda Rd to Saluda. Locals know how fun that is. Christine was into it and never asked me to back off. We then took 176 down the grade and it is in just paved awesome condition. At 4:15 Friday afternoon, no one was on this road. I was shocked and extremely happy about that! Took some more rural roads back home. Was very enjoyable in the 77 degree temps, looking at some of the most beautiful areas to be, upstate SC in Springtime with the flowering trees. I'm just soaking all these good things in...temps, views, daddy daughter time, sunshine, revs 5-8k, twisty isolated roads. What a day...just had to be said. Sorry Duane.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm quite sure I passed you on 414!! I thought that mighta been you when I went by! LOL Beautiful day for a ride!! Oh and by passed I mean in the opposite direction....I know better than to think I could actually pass you! LOL

I saw the FJR coming the opposite direction...Yep that was us. You could pass me easy...great day for a ride,eh?
Shoo Whee and how!! Awesome weather!! Yep don't see many other Feejer's and when ya'll went by I had a feeling that was you! The view to the right ....from the direction you were going is just awesome!

Well, just spent about a couple hours with my college age daughter riding in these beautiful foothills. Stopped at a coworker's place so she could feed a couple carrots to their pet horse. Whistled for it and the half blind horse came cantering over for food from strangers.Well, just had a little bit of time, so took 414 to some squiggly road north at Tigerville to get to Old 25 to Old Saluda Rd to Saluda. Locals know how fun that is. Christine was into it and never asked me to back off. We then took 176 down the grade and it is in just paved awesome condition. At 4:15 Friday afternoon, no one was on this road. I was shocked and extremely happy about that! Took some more rural roads back home. Was very enjoyable in the 77 degree temps, looking at some of the most beautiful areas to be, upstate SC in Springtime with the flowering trees. I'm just soaking all these good things in...temps, views, daddy daughter time, sunshine, revs 5-8k, twisty isolated roads. What a day...just had to be said. Sorry Duane.
I'll get you back. Just wait to you see my RR from tomorrow ;)

I'd be up for a tech day at my place. I got lots of tools to break shit with. Even have a lift we can drop a bike off.
moil.gif

hmmmm.....I DO have a new center stand I need to put on my bike. Too bad my work schedule sux big time. Sunday mornings are out now too. The (very talented) wife is now the pianist for New Hope Baptist Church in Pelzer. I may just have to use a floating holiday or two. Just need some advance notice so they can get a volunteer to cover for me.

Well, just spent about a couple hours with my college age daughter riding in these beautiful foothills. Stopped at a coworker's place so she could feed a couple carrots to their pet horse. Whistled for it and the half blind horse came cantering over for food from strangers.Well, just had a little bit of time, so took 414 to some squiggly road north at Tigerville to get to Old 25 to Old Saluda Rd to Saluda. Locals know how fun that is. Christine was into it and never asked me to back off. We then took 176 down the grade and it is in just paved awesome condition. At 4:15 Friday afternoon, no one was on this road. I was shocked and extremely happy about that! Took some more rural roads back home. Was very enjoyable in the 77 degree temps, looking at some of the most beautiful areas to be, upstate SC in Springtime with the flowering trees. I'm just soaking all these good things in...temps, views, daddy daughter time, sunshine, revs 5-8k, twisty isolated roads. What a day...just had to be said. Sorry Duane.
I'll get you back. Just wait to you see my RR from tomorrow
wink.png
Well, just spent about a couple hours with my rainsuit riding in these beautiful foothills. Stopped at end of driveway to feed a couple peppermints to mrs 1911s pet horse. Whistled for it and the horse came cantering over for food from a dude she doesn't really like.

Well, just had a little bit of time, so took NC126 north, no one was on this road. I was shocked and extremely happy about that! Took some more rural roads farther north. Was very enjoyable in the 60ish degree temps, looking at some of the most beautiful areas to be, upstate SC, NC,TN in Springtime with some flowering trees. I'm just soaking all these good things in...temps, views, sunshine, revs 5-8k, twisty isolated roads. What a day...just had to be said.

There, take THAT