USB\Voltage gauge.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice solution! I set up my USB power like that a while ago too and it worked fine. Then, I decided to modify the setup somewhat because my phone/GPS and GoPro are mounted to the steering stem and handle bar, so the USB cables were dangling between the "stationary" port on the fairing and the moving handle bar. That made me feel a a little bit uneasy, so I routed the cable for a USB port using a loom wrap around the existing wiring and attached the USB socket housing using zip ties to the clutch line. This way I can use short 1 - 1.5 ft power cords to the devices that move with the handle bar. And, I replaced the combo USB port and volt meter with a waterproof (and more accurate) unit. See pic below. This was just my preference, the previous setup like yours worked also. (My power supply to the volt meter and USB ports come from an Amplink power distribution module that I mounted just below the volt meter. The distribution module also powers the auxiliary lights, and is connected directly to the battery on a fused line.)

USB_Power.JPG

Last edited:
That's a nice way to go if you don't use the cubby for anything else. Not me, I got a few things tucked away in there. I chose instead to run a Battery Tender cable directly from the battery to the handlebars for phone charging, air compressor and Deltran usb adapter and DC voltage monitor.