Used 2016 ES Model in WI

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBound

Reaction score
Hankster's Motorsports in Janesville, WI has a 2016 ES model with 3,416 miles for sale for $12,999. Does anyone on the forum have any knowledge about this bike? I've contacted them with a request for additional details. It looks pristine -- as it should, given the mileage. The best price I've found for a new, leftover '16 is right around $15K, so this is looking pretty appealing to me.

(The backstory... yes, after 10+ months living in Mexico, my wife and I will be returning to the Divided States of America later this month, and I want the '16 ES I sold this spring -- which was quite unsuited to Mexico -- back. This deal looks to be the closest I'll be able to come to that.)

Thanks in advance for any intel.

Sounds like a good deal to me, assuming it is in pristine condition. I bought a 2016 ES earlier this year with 4,500 miles on the clock and paid slightly more than this...

I too saw it and emailed them. This is the response i got from them... "THE 2016 FJR IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE. THIS BIKE WAS OUR OWNERS PERSONAL MOTORCYCLE. IT IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND WAS SERVICED BY US RELIGIOUSLY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WOULD LIKE TO COME CHECK IT OUT."

.... IT IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND WAS SERVICED BY US RELIGIOUSLY...
Lets see, oil, filter and rear drive fluid changed after break in. Yup, that's about it! Maybe extra oil change in the spring as well - based on time, not mileage.

Sounds like a nice bike and enough off the original price to make it worthwhile considering. The biggest difference in a new leftover is warranty (and the option for YES). If it was me, I would get the dealer to place a full warranty on the bike or I would not consider it. Being an ES, I would also be far more comfortable with the extended service plan as well. $2000 (vs new) is a chunk of money but insignificant compared to the total cost of ownership over a period of five years or so.

If it was me, I would get the dealer to place a full warranty on the bike or I would not consider it.
**FACTORY YAMAHA WARRANTY UNTIL JULY 2019!!!**

I think I'll make it mine...
punk.gif

If it was me, I would get the dealer to place a full warranty on the bike or I would not consider it.
**FACTORY YAMAHA WARRANTY UNTIL JULY 2019!!!**

I think I'll make it mine...
punk.gif
With the warranty, it seems like a good deal. Any possibility of a warranty extension? - not a lot of issues reported with the ES systems but a problem is costly. As far as the other FJR systems are concerned, there is little that I would be concerned about.

Latest posts