Utterly cheap blue Italian top box for blue FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdfsau

Reaction score
I noticed that the three piece Givi made OEM luggage set on my blue 2002 Vstrom DL1000 was a very close color match to my new blue 2006 FJR.

I then ordered the Givi made 2006 top case rack mount for my FJR and am now using one of my Suzuki boxes on my new FJR. It would take someone a minute or so to notice that top box isn't the same color as the rest of the bike.

What does this mean to you all. The three piece Givi made (Frango?) Vstrom luggage set can be gotten very cheaply (about $380) on Ebay or from a discount Suzuki dealer (Oneida Suzuki). If three people were to buy a set and split the three pieces among themselves, they would be getting a high quality italian made, closely color matched top case for about $130 each (plus shipping)

Disadvantages: The Vstrom luggage has the Suzuki emblem on two places on each box. This can be covered over with either tape or for the more meticulous, paint. I am just going to leave them. They might even be removable. I cannot vouch for this however.

Also, the two Vstrom side cases in each set are slightly smaller than the top case so people would have to flip a coin or whatever to decide who gets the larger top box. Any of the three interchangeable Suzuki cases are, however, are each significantly larger then one of the OEM FJR panniers..

You will need to buy the Givi mount to use the bag as a top case.

I will be at WFO-5 for those who would like to see my bike with the vstrom top case attached.

John F

Sausalito, CA

Here is what the pannier look like (scroll down) Oneida is now charging $419

https://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/home.php?cat=519

I noticed that the three piece Givi made OEM luggage set on my blue 2002 Vstrom DL1000 was a very close color match to my new blue 2006 FJR.
I then ordered the Givi made 2006 top case rack mount for my FJR and am now using one of my Suzuki boxes on my new FJR. It would take someone a minute or so to notice that top box isn't the same color as the rest of the bike.

What does this mean to you all. The three piece Givi made (Frango?) Vstrom luggage set can be gotten very cheaply (about $380) on Ebay or from a discount Suzuki dealer (Oneida Suzuki). If three people were to buy a set and split the three pieces among themselves, they would be getting a high quality italian made, closely color matched top case for about $130 each (plus shipping)

Disadvantages: The Vstrom luggage has the Suzuki emblem on two places on each box. This can be covered over with either tape or for the more meticulous, paint. I am just going to leave them. They might even be removable. I cannot vouch for this however.

Also, the two Vstrom side cases in each set are slightly smaller than the top case so people would have to flip a coin or whatever to decide who gets the larger top box. Any of the three interchangeable Suzuki cases are, however, are each significantly larger then one of the OEM FJR panniers..

You will need to buy the Givi mount to use the bag as a top case.

I will be at WFO-5 for those who would like to see my bike with the vstrom top case attached.

John F

Sausalito, CA

Pics of Yamastrom luggage posted. Note: the side cases have two reflectors at top front corners. One is red while the other is clear. I would think the clear one could be tinted read with some lens paint. The original Vstrom top box does not have these reflectors. Nothing is perfect but the savings warrant the small expenditure of time necessary to get both relectors to match. The original top box has a completely blue cover. The side cases are mostly black with a blue accent area.

Link to pics of yamastrom luggage. If you have any question come to WFO and seen the top box before ordering. The original top case lid is predominatly blue. The pannier are predominatly black with blue accents.
https://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/weekdayri.../browse/6569?c=

You might have to join this group to see pics.
jdfsau, check out this helpful primer on adding pics to your posts. You'll get better results from a photo hosting site that doesn't make folks log in...people simply won't take the time to do that.

How to be a picture posting champion and not irritate everyone who reads your threads

:rolleyes: