Valentine And Rain

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ijuggle

Reaction score
I use a Valentine 1 radar detector velcroed to my Top Gun ECM shelf. I plug my helmet speakers into it. I have not figured out a good method to rain-proof it. I have tried putting it in a Zip Lock bag with holes cut for power, velcro, speaker wire. The bag works ok +/- but is a big pain in the ass to install, is ugly and the Lazer alarm goes off when the sun peeks through and reflects off the wet Zip Lock/windshield. Has anyone come up with a good rainproofing method?

Try this website Clicky and see if this will work. I mount my the same way, and when it rains I take it off and put in my sidebag. Don't speed in the rain.

Dana

When the first drop hits me, I pull mine and my HARD box. Put it in a ziplock, and place it in my tank bag. I haven't found anything I feel that would keep it dry.. smitty

Try this website Clicky and see if this will work. I mount my the same way, and when it rains I take it off and put in my sidebag. Don't speed in the rain.

Dana
Yep, that's the one I remembered seeing.

How about a clear shower cap. Would the elastic be strong enough to keep the cover on? Then you could just grab it and stuff it in your jacket or tankbag when the sun popped out.

when it 1st starts raining, i reach up, remove the v1 from the shelf, and move it 2 the tank bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put mine in the little glove box or what ever it is called. added a switch to power it off. just remember that the box gets hot so if stuck in traffic or in the desert turn it off.

I got the HARD box from Hoon Hardware. Kinda a PITA, but it keeps it dry and cuts down on glare on the V-1 lights. Now, I got to get it wired in series with the XM, so I can hear it through the EM6I's.... some type of spliter, so I can hear both simultaneously? Short of an Autocom system, anyone have suggestions how to run them both thou the earbuds?

Sorry for the Post Hyjack ... thanks, all. B)

I use a Valentine 1 radar detector velcroed to my Top Gun ECM shelf. I plug my helmet speakers into it. I have not figured out a good method to rain-proof it. I have tried putting it in a Zip Lock bag with holes cut for power, velcro, speaker wire. The bag works ok +/-  but is a big pain in the ass to install, is ugly and the Lazer alarm goes off when the sun peeks through and reflects off the wet Zip Lock/windshield. Has anyone come up with a good rainproofing method?
I have a V1 mounted the same and found that the SARAN small bowl covers work perfect.

They are clear and elasticated and cover the unit completely, I keep a couple in the glovebox and they are on in a couple of seconds.

I went to Californika and back form Florida with speeds well into triple digits (on private roads of course) with out any problems in absolutely pooring rain.

They will fit over a multitude of electronic items with relative ease and cost just .99 cents from Walmart.

SKippy

Yeah, but WalMart is teh Satan, exploiter of the poor etc. Any Stores Of The People, like GUM sell them? :p

When it rains, I just cover my tank bag where my V1 is mounted and connected to my Mix-It audio multiplexer/amplifier. I can easily remove the V1 remote display and still have the audio output to my helmet.

Well I like to let my Valentine get completely soaked...then I speed up and her nipples get hard... :tease: ...

Bobby

I got the HARD box from Hoon Hardware. Kinda a PITA, but it keeps it dry and cuts down on glare on the V-1 lights. Now, I got to get it wired in series with the XM, so I can hear it through the EM6I's.... some type of spliter, so I can hear both simultaneously? Short of an Autocom system, anyone have suggestions how to run them both thou the earbuds?
Sorry for the Post Hyjack ... thanks, all. B)
Clicky

This post was the first thing that I thought of when I got caught in a rain shower this afternoon!! As long as I stayed above 80 the Valentine stayed nice and dry tucked just behind the windshield. It never got wet until I got into slower traffic...LOL LOL.
Do the same and continue for 24 more hours and let us know what happens. :punk: