Vancouver, WA Pro Caliper Motorsports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDRydr

A Homeless Nomad
Reaction score
Since I acquired my used '06 FJR I've been taking it to the local dealer, Pro Caliber Motorsports. My first issue was a ticking sound, which another rider said may be a cam chain tensioner. Shawn Smoak, the service manager, took a listen and agreed. He did a quick check to see if it was still under warranty, and found it would expire three days later. He said he didn't have time to get it in that week but could write it up that day to get in under warranty, and do the work the following week, which they did, at no charge to me. He also updated the ownership record at Yamaha to reflect my purchase of the bike.

When I asked about having tires mounted if I brought them in he said no problem, but I may want to price the tires from them, as they were selling most at cost as a loss-leader to get folks in the door. I need to get tires elsewhere (long story) but a friend needing a tire for his Gold Wing checked out their pricing and even with his having to pay the local sales tax Pro Caliber was cheaper than any price he could find on the internet. They will mount/balance and R&R off the bike for $35 each. They also do tires while you wait, no appointment needed.

If they would have just washed the FJR after the tensioner replacement they'd be getting an A+ instead of just an A. They're located just off I-205, a few miles north of the OR/WA border. I'm not positive but I'd assume their other location in Longview WA would have the same tire deal.