Very pleased new FJR owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menopaws

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m a recent FJR owner (November) with a ‘04 1300A from the south west of the UK, I’ve always liked the look and now I love the ride. I’m lucky to have a varied collection including an ageing BMW 1200gs which is great but this is so much a nicer road rider, I’ve yet to persuade my girlfriend to like it, she doesn’t like the beemer but loves my Harley. I would like to improve her comfort by buying the Bruudt pillion footpeg extensions , just waiting for a reply from them as on EBay the compatible fitment says it does not fit the 2004 model, strange as it fits 2003 and 2005! Also I’m keen, or she is I should say on fitting boards to replace the pegs, we have a couple of trips to Spain and Portugal this year and I would really like to use the FJR, I have perused the forum but can’t find Wynpro who a couple of you on here have recommended.
Apologies for the rambling on my first forum post, I’m looking forward to joining in with the banter and certainly a knowledgeable crowd of like minded owners!
Mike

Attachments

• EAC7D5FD-D02C-45DB-BE1E-7B84123E7F31.jpeg
    EAC7D5FD-D02C-45DB-BE1E-7B84123E7F31.jpeg
    934.6 KB · Views: 10
Hi Mike and welcome to the club. Very clean looking machine and hope you get many miles out of it.

As you may know, that color here in the States indicated it was an '05, last of the Gen I's, as we've been a year behind you guys. Only pointing that out being you mentioned buying accessories as depending on where you're buying from it might make a difference in the listings.

Wynpro (Dave up in New England) shut down his operation a few years ago but occasionally pops in here to say hello. Maybe a used set might pop up in the For Sale section sometime for you. But if you're looking to spend some money and prepare for those trips you might consider grabbing a set of FZ1 mirrors. Direct replacements for the stock but a bit longer giving you a much better view behind.

Hi Mike and welcome to the club. Very clean looking machine and hope you get many miles out of it.

As you may know, that color here in the States indicated it was an '05, last of the Gen I's, as we've been a year behind you guys. Only pointing that out being you mentioned buying accessories as depending on where you're buying from it might make a difference in the listings.

Wynpro (Dave up in New England) shut down his operation a few years ago but occasionally pops in here to say hello. Maybe a used set might pop up in the For Sale section sometime for you. But if you're looking to spend some money and prepare for those trips you might consider grabbing a set of FZ1 mirrors. Direct replacements for the stock but a bit longer giving you a much better view behind.

Hi BigO, thanks for the welcome and advice, I believe it is supposed to be an ‘05 model but was registered in November ‘04 , the way the manufacturers do these things I guess. The mirrors seem ok to me at the present but I haven’t done along trip on it yet, I will look at eBay and see if any pop up. I have already seen looking at accessories that there is a difference between years, the comment I made about the Bruudt has been replied to and the parts ordered, happy days, just need to see if I can maybe adapt some thing off a cruiser type bike. Yes the bike is clean and quite low mileage, has full luggage too! It’s had a big service recently including the rear suspension strip, also valves etc and as said before I love riding it!