Very Sad News: Ron Ayres is taking Morocco off of his tours.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Your Papa Chuy Viejo has had Morocco on his bucket list since 1970, when he saw the Atlas Mountains across the strait from Andalucia, Espana aboard his 1966 BMW R60/2. Was hoping to ride Morocco for my 65th Birthday.

Well, Ron Ayres has crossed Morocco off from his available tours and I understand mein Freund Werner Wachter of Edelweiss Bike Tours is going to announce the same move, removing Morocco from his available Worldwide Tour Listings!

Ah Crapola, I'm Pissed Off!

Morocco Visits Suspended

Morocco? Not For a While.......

Civil unrest and uncertainty in the Middle East and Northern

Africa have recently spread to Morocco, with the bombing of a

popular cafe in Marrekesh on April 28. The bombing killed 15

innocent people in the heart of a popular tourist stop in Morocco

- one which our tour leaders have often used during our Morocco

trips.

We’ve developed an alternative itinerary for our Spain and Morocco

Adventure that is scheduled to begin on September 10. The

modified itinerary provides a journey through Spain and Portugal,

rather than Spain and Morocco, and includes such popular destinations

as Seville, Ronda, Granada, Córdoba, and Zafra in Spain as well as Portimao, Lisbon, and Monsaraz in

Portugal. Recently returning participants have raved about the beautiful areas and have vowed to return.

! !There is still some space available for riders wishing to experience some of the best motorcycling available in

Spain and Portugal.

Last edited by a moderator:
One day, I hope to be able to see the world. Finances will not allow such journeys for me though. :(

One day, I hope to be able to see the world. Finances will not allow such journeys for me though. :(
Bounce and Adam, If you would like to go on a relatively inexpensive foreign lands trip this October, I will be posting up a nice Mexico ride after I return from CFR-2011 in July. All safe areas that I rode just last month, no known cartel or bandit activities to worry about. And just a week is needed for the ride. October 26 - Nogales, Arizona; October 27 - San Carlos, Sonora; October 28 - Papa Chuy's 63rd Birthday and also October 29 in historic and scenic Alamos, Sunday night in Banamichi, Sonora; cross back into Estado Unidos on Monday early for Halloween. Will post up a budget!

Interested...

I still need my passport though, And of course, Money. ;)
Adam, mi Hermano; I do have to tell you about a special hazard on the October Mexico Ride, es muy Peligro ese! Mucho Feo y Ridiculo!

Sir Crash-A-Lot, mi illegitimate Bastard Hijo (Son), said he is going to ride South with his Papa to help me celebrate mi 63rd Cumpleanos!

RockInRoadMexicocopy.jpg

Bounce and Adam, If you would like to go on a relatively inexpensive foreign lands trip this October, I will be posting up a nice Mexico ride after I return from CFR-2011 in July. All safe areas that I rode just last month, no known cartel or bandit activities to worry about. And just a week is needed for the ride. October 26 - Nogales, Arizona; October 27 - San Carlos, Sonora; October 28 - Papa Chuy's 63rd Birthday and also October 29 in historic and scenic Alamos, Sunday night in Banamichi, Sonora; cross back into Estado Unidos on Monday early for Halloween. Will post up a budget!
While that may be true of your trip from last month, things change.

You couldn't drag me into mexihell for nothing...without the US Marine Expeditionary forces.