Very True...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine's a 2014 FJR1300AS

• Members++
  • bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
  • 2,200 posts

2,200 Posts knot shore wat hee said.

Yeah, ionbeam, that was funny. Memories of a tyrannical third grade English teacher ... now that's a spell checker.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ac5_1410994720 Abercrombie FJR: This video of HotRodZilla will tell you everything you need to know about AJ, es Verdad ese! JSNS!
I seen that the other day and wanted to post it on the forum but was too lazy to figure out how to post a video. I will admit when I first seen the video it made me think of a few forum members. LOL. I would never say the video reminded me of AJ after he showed me a nice tour around Silver City this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read by pattern matching.
<
soapbox.gif
>

I still hate seeing things like "its" and "it's" used incorrectly (95% of posters. For fcuk's sake, "it's" means "it is", "it was" or similar, not "belongs to it". So "its colour is red", and "it's a red bike" please (though I like mine, it's "magnetic bronze". Who thinks up these funny names? Bronze isn't magnetic).

"Your" means "belongs to you", not "you are". The shortened form of "you are" is "you're". So, "You're going for a ride, not "your going for a ride".

"Their" means "belongs to them", not "they are, or "there". "They're" means "they are", "there" means "not here".

These are just a few examples.

Yes, I read by pattern matching, not by reading aloud and listening to what I say. So, not "reading allowed", please. Means something very different.

There are many more ways people can make it more difficult to comprehend what they are trying to say. If the reader can't understand what is written, or gets so frustrated that they don't bother, then the desired communication hasn't occurred.

I'm probably contravening all sorts of forum rules, but I'm too old to care.

</
soapbox.gif
>

Phew.
Ha... I love it !!! Sounds like what I go through most every day with my students. By early June, I should have most of them whipped into shape. However, that doesn't fix another huge problem: THEIR PARENTS. I get a bunch of letters from home every year, and it never fails. Moms and dads are just as bad. No wonder my middle school munchkins struggle as they do. The old saying still rings true, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Gary

darksider #44

...But I still use my spel checkr.
Putt knot yore tryst inn spill chequers.

Auto correct on your phone is your friend too.

enhanced-buzz-22414-1364159686-1.jpg

enhanced-buzz-12881-1364220600-0.jpg

enhanced-buzz-12802-1364220537-2.jpg

enhanced-buzz-12933-1364220634-0.jpg

enhanced-buzz-22141-1364163051-3.jpg

enhanced-buzz-12834-1364221240-6.jpg
Hardest laugh from a forum post EVER, Ionbeam. And Mcatrophy, agree with every futile word you posted. Won't help either of us, but At least I agree.
Me too. :lol: I just split a gut on this! :thumbsup:

I think mcatrophy rightfully deserves that award. He worked hard for it. He has urned it!
I think maybe those are only awarded posthumously?

Dig the video. I speak English.

"Weird Al has a big dictionary." Wow, that circles us back around to post #1, doesn't it?

Last edited by a moderator: