video / youtube experiment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leskid

Reaction score
this isn't a real post yet. I'm trying to rig-up something viable to shoot some of our best roads here in Quebec. I've resolved to buying 2 or 3 gopro hero wide automotive kits.

But while I wait for those to arrive, I thought I'd start figuring out youtube, embedding them into forum posts etc...

Any tips & tricks will be appreciated. Anyone know how to actually EMBED a youtube video here so it shows-up in the post like pictures?

Amateur night / first attempt (failure) was mounting a sony cybershot with a suction cup mount. It broke second time I used it (while I was standing still, thank god)

IMG_1407.jpg

here's the output on youtube, if it comes-out OK

Baby steps.... Like I said, I'm just tinkering here. I aim to have some good FJR twisty mountain road footage cleaned-up and worth watching soon.

first corner video

I hope that's a suction cup and ya didn't have to drill holes through the fairing. :huh:

Another perception is the noise from the wind. I have herd this on other videos and is there a salution to that. I guess you can mute it out put music in instead. I do like hearing the rev's from the engine. Seems to me there should be a seperate mike that you could put out of the wind.

Good luck and i cant wait to see those Canadian mountains. :)

Amateur night / first attempt (failure) was mounting a sony cybershot with a suction cup mount. It broke second time I used it (while I was standing still, thank god)
Ya, I remember standing their and hearing you go OH SHIT! Shame to, because the vid quality off your camera looks really good.

The problem with my setup (VIO POV) is that it seems everytime I use it its overcast. It just doesn't do such a good job in low light action type flicks.

Did you see the edited video I put from the second pass through the park?

I'm gonna order up some more mounts that I can leave attached to the bike to get some different angles before EOM.

Did you see the edited video I put from the second pass through the park?
are you kidding? I watched all of 'em, over & over. The edited one was quite nice but as you said yourself, 'editing' is almost moot when there are almost no straightaways on the whole ride.

I'd love to get your setup Steve. It's by far the coolest I've seen but I just ordered 2 gopro heros (5.0 megapixel WIDE angle - automotive kit) for $170 shipped to canada (each) and with my Buddy who has one on his bike too, we should be able to whip-up some (more) great Mauricie footage.

If we're heading that way, we'll also obviously ride the 347 like where I took you guys.

If we're heading that way, we'll also obviously ride the 347 like where I took you guys.
347 - was that the hwy with the fresh pavement and all the sportbikes running it back 'n forth? If so.. HELL YA! to bad I got stuck behind the pirates on the best bits. It was actually kinna comical, their were draggin' shit through the corners (props to them) but I was one handing it behind them waiting for even a short sight line to pass them.. that never came.

347 - was that the hwy with the fresh pavement and all the sportbikes running it back 'n forth?
347 - that's the one. Remember it was while backroading (exploring) home from Mauricie once a few years back that we stumbled across that road. Been on my favorites list ever since.

I keep sayin'... if you can get a window in your homelife for 4 days, 1 day here, 1 daytrip Mauricie & all those roads, 1 day installing AVCC, 1 day back home.

There's a spare room here, whenever you can swing it

....but I was one handing it behind them waiting for even a short sight line to pass them.. that never came.
PUSSY! can't pass a bunch of hogs on an FJR?!?! heh heh

In your shoes, I would have said "I didn't want Mike & Doug to risk it so I remained behind, as the voice of reason" But it's too late for that now, isn't it?

pussy ;)

I keep sayin'... if you can get a window in your homelife for 4 days, 1 day here, 1 daytrip Mauricie & all those roads, 1 day installing AVCC, 1 day back home.
I'm working on it! I've got a week off in Sept. for EOM. My original plan was to take my time and ride entire length of the Blueridge Parkway. Now you got me thinking of coming home through the Adirondaks and then up to Montreal. Gotta see how some other stuff plays out first. Oh ya, speaking of EOM.. you REALLY REALLY need to get yourself registered for that! I absolutely garuntee you'll have the best time ever.

PUSSY! can't pass a bunch of hogs on an FJR?!?! heh heh
Ya ya ya.. your the one who took the entire only straight-away to pass them... that isn't your old goldwing! I thought 2003's were of the fast generation!

Can't embed videos here. All you can do is link to them. Some forums are that way.

What software are you using/planning to use for editing? It will make a difference to what you render it out as.

9 Megs is nothing, for a high quality clip of that kind that length that is what I would expect. I just did a 26 second clip in HD and it came in at

32 meg. A ride video is well over 100 in HD. If using quicktime, it will be even larger. You can reduce the size of clips by either changing the

resolution or the output size, but then the quality is affected.

I have found using Sony vegas that is best to render using WMV9, using Apples final cut express I use quicktime best settings, but like I said the file size is gargantuan.

I would render at the best setting I could find. Youtube accepts videos up to 1 Gig. Motozania has a limit of 100meg, and I don't think the quality is that great. Plus the annoying ads.

I have a couple Go Pros and the quality is good for the price. But for the same amount of money you can buy a Sony Webbie or a Flip Mino and they are HD, although not

widescreen. I have shelved the VIO, the quality is lacking compared to the new cameras, and like Bungie said the low light capability is not that great.

Hope that helps. :D

Chris