Virginia FJR riders Group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet
Reaction score
How about you other VA FJR riders? I am new to this forum. Would love to get together with others for rides. Much prefer riding with people on FJR's as I know pretty much what I can expect for company.

rablanch, a group was started once upon a time. We did 1 fairly organized meet & greet w/ ride & that was it. I still ride with some of the folks... since we know... you meet the nicest folks on an FJR!

Where are you from? Your profile does not say.

I'm a proud Norfolkian & get out to the mountains at a minimum, once a month. Usually more.

I ride with a regular group of guys who either ride other "specialty" bikes for this area (meaning: not Harleys or squidrockets) and/or don't want to be associated with typical rider groups (my BMW friends would rather not join the BMW-only clubs here). Anyway, if you're in the greater Richmond area let me know and maybe we can meet up.

rablanch, a group was started once upon a time. We did 1 fairly organized meet & greet w/ ride & that was it. I still ride with some of the folks... since we know... you meet the nicest folks on an FJR!
Where are you from? Your profile does not say.

I'm a proud Norfolkian & get out to the mountains at a minimum, once a month. Usually more.
Obviously the "FNG" status had something to do with me not doing something right ysterday. I updated my profile, but it didn't take. I reentered it today and it appears it toook this time!

I have a fairly regular route that takes me through Orange where I pick up 33 in Grdonsville and head up the mountain and then decide where top go from there. I try to make it out that way once a month too.

I ride with a regular group of guys who either ride other "specialty" bikes for this area (meaning: not Harleys or squidrockets) and/or don't want to be associated with typical rider groups (my BMW friends would rather not join the BMW-only clubs here). Anyway, if you're in the greater Richmond area let me know and maybe we can meet up.
I am in King George (east of Fredericksburg). I have a few friends that I ride with that have Harleys. Most of the time they just hold me back! It would be great to ride with just people on the same type of bike.

I live just west of Richmond and would be interested. My wife told me I needed to socialize more, so maybe this would help :)

I am definitely up for meeting new folk in the area. Plan it & I will come... (especially if it is on a weekend where I do not have an important issue going on). Going to NJ the weekend of 7/18-19 to take care of some stuff going on there. That & EOM are my only "real" plans for this year.

Anything else just happens spur of the moment.

Andddddd... I'm far enough away that if I come out to a meet & greet, I will be spending the night... be it camping or hoteling it.

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
I am heading for Florida tomorrow and will be gone through 7/17, 18. Unfortunately, I will be driving with the family. I will definitely be up for a ride when I get back. I will come up with something over the next week to propose.

What is your real name rablanch? I'm Heidi. Afraid that I don't know the other folks that responded to this thread, either. You guys feel up to revealing your first names???

Oh, and it will not be a disappointment that you are in a car while in FL. Been talking to a friend that lives in Pensacola & says it has been WELL into the 90's or over a hundred for quite awhile, now.

What is your real name rablanch? I'm Heidi. Afraid that I don't know the other folks that responded to this thread, either. You guys feel up to revealing your first names???
Oh, and it will not be a disappointment that you are in a car while in FL. Been talking to a friend that lives in Pensacola & says it has been WELL into the 90's or over a hundred for quite awhile, now.
first name is Robert, but I go by Bob.

I have a few rides planned already (going down to Savannah, GA soon, and then up to New York state at the first part of August), but I would be up for something aside from those times.

I have a few rides planned already (going down to Savannah, GA soon, and then up to New York state at the first part of August), but I would be up for something aside from those times.
I am talking about weekend rides right now. I do have a trip planned with my brother. we will be heading to 'Nawlins with no specific path planned yet. we are riding labor day week. It would be great to pick up some other riders for any or all of the trip. I will be looking for suggestions on routes and sites in the next week or so.

Hi, Bob. This is Hogan!
Hey mike! I was looking for your profile the other day but had no luck. Doing any riding this week? I am down in Orlando now. I will be heading back to VA tomorrow and hope to get some riding in the rest of the week.

Bob, do let me know when you're up for a meet & greet. Will do my darndest to come and meet ya' & go riding.

Well did the marathon 13.5 hour drive back from Florida yesterday. I still got on the bioke and went for a ride. Even if it was just to go get a movie and some Chinese food. I am going to get some things done around the house today and then think about riding for the rest of the week and weekend.

Hey Heidi, where and when do you want to ride? What about you Powerman? or anyone else for that matter.

Bob, I'll be up for riding once I get some unfinished business that I have, finished up. Definitely not this weekend, that is for sure. Maybe next weekend.

Mountains for sure! In order for me to be able to make a trip out there comfortably, I'd spend the night in some fleabag hotel or non fleabag campground.

You know any good roads that I don't?

Latest posts