Virginia FJR riders Group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Bob, guy said that they are pretty full... but we are maybe 4 rooms away from each other. We might still have joiners between now and Saturday, too. Have you considered calling & changing your room to a single?
If we have others and all they can get is a single we can trade there. No big deal. My original beef was them putting me in a smoking room.

Reservation made. Seems that the confirmation was supposed to be emailed to me. It was not. figure that the person that took my info copied something down wrong. Ingo, all 3 of us are splitting a room. Works for me. Lodging will end up working out to roughly $27 & some change.
Heidi

Dang! I am stuck with the whole enchilada! I have an extra bed. Any takers?
Heidi, were they able to get us in the same area?

WOW. Three in one room and one in the other...seems like there is a solution out there somewhere. :rolleyes:
Wheatie! Keep up... 3 in one room and 2 in the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharon & I spoke a bit ago. We are meeting at the gas station off of 4th View St @ 6:50 Saturday morning. Looks like about 3 hours to meet point from there. See ya' then.

I think I am back in, don't think I have to work Saturday. I understand the Sat meeting place is the intersection of Rt 56 and 60 at 10:00. I see a building there on Visual Earth like looks like a store, that it? The hotel is the Brier Inn.

I think I am back in, don't think I have to work Saturday. I understand the Sat meeting place is the intersection of Rt 56 and 60 at 10:00. I see a building there on Visual Earth like looks like a store, that it? The hotel is the Brier Inn.
That is it. Duck's Corner. Hope you can make it. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Jim Meadows (spklbuk) is meeting us at 1:00-ish at Goshen Pass overlook on Rte 39. That is, if his wife doesn't beat him first & he indeed gets his kitchen pass.

Bob, got a route put together for Sunday. I routed us from Brier Inn west on Rte 60 through some good twisties there. I am not looking at a map so think that it goes something like this... 41 north from 60 to rte 20 & then 15... 39 for a short jaunt to 219 & 219 north to 250. We take 250 to Staunton & splitters (Ingo) split for home. Sharon & I will slab home from there.

Anddd... sorry tro hear that the other folk cannot join us... except for Bellman. Looking forward to meet ya'. Next time for the rest, huh?

Heidi

You be good & have a nice weekend, Mark. Sorry that you aren't closer to us.

Jim Meadows (spklbuk) is meeting us at 1:00-ish at Goshen Pass overlook on Rte 39. That is, if his wife doesn't beat him first & he indeed gets his kitchen pass.
Bob, got a route put together for Sunday. I routed us from Brier Inn west on Rte 60 through some good twisties there. I am not looking at a map so think that it goes something like this... 41 north from 60 to rte 20 & then 15... 39 for a short jaunt to 219 & 219 north to 250. We take 250 to Staunton & splitters (Ingo) split for home. Sharon & I will slab home from there.
I think you have the route numbers out of order, but I believe I know the route you intend. We will be picking up 15 in Webster Springs? Looks good to me. I like 250. I will split in Staunton and probably head north to Harrisonburg and then east on 33.

I have NO doubt that I got roads backwards. Picking up 15 in Webster Springs is correct. Told you ...memory is not always up to the task. Figured that Sunday route is fairly direct towards home (having fun on the way)... & not repeating a lot of prior day's riding... except for 2 small instances. I also figured that it'll dump out at a good spot for splitting up.

I have NO doubt that I got roads backwards. Picking up 15 in Webster Springs is correct. Told you ...memory is not always up to the task. Figured that Sunday route is fairly direct towards home (having fun on the way)... & not repeating a lot of prior day's riding... except for 2 small instances. I also figured that it'll dump out at a good spot for splitting up.
I agree 100%. Good choice. Really lookinf forward to it. Is it Saturday yet?

No,no... glad Saturday isn't here, yet. I have laundry & packing to do b4 morning. Guess the bike isn't getting washed b4 this trip. Good thing that I have that there fancy cerulian silver color that doesn't show a boatload of dirt! ;)

FYI... you can see the scratches as clear as day, though.

No,no... glad Saturday isn't here, yet. I have laundry & packing to do b4 morning. Guess the bike isn't getting washed b4 this trip. Good thing that I have that there fancy cerulian silver color that doesn't show a boatload of dirt! ;)
FYI... you can see the scratches as clear as day, though.
LOL! Mine will get a fluff and buff this afternoon. It has one 423 mile trip and a week's worth of bug guts on it. Almost had to pull over last night to clean the visor there were so many!

BTW - they are not scratches. They are character! ;)

BTW - they are not scratches. They are character! ;)
I will be sure to mention that to the crack in my left upper fairing. For real... you cannot tell me that I don't ride this bike quite a bit! Got 67,000 miles on it. I bought it in '04 with less than 8,000. Still runs great... especially after having tick fix. I am going to do some major servicing on it when the bike is not being ridden for awhile.

1st on list... cam chain tensioner... not because it is making any noise... because of peace of mind.

[1st on list... cam chain tensioner... not because it is making any noise... because of peace of mind.

Have you had to adjust it? Is there a recommended mileage for replacing it? Definitely understand the importance of it!

I am off for home now. See you and the rest tomorrow! Ride safe. :yahoo: